Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Live Video and Audio games on www.sportnetusa.net !!!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by NumeroUno » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:46 am

JMO what channel and times are all the games on tomorrow.

Direct TV?

Dish?

Charter?

etc

I know you have nothing else to do :D
Thanks for all the hard work making PGF a great experience for our team, called it a year at midnight last night
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by DunninLA » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 pm

PDad wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
ontheblack wrote:That said, it is amazing how often colleges make offers based on one game's performance.
That's true. It is also true that a limited set of data can be really misleading. Statistics can be powerful, but only if there is enough data (at bats, etc.) to make the statistical conclusions (and predictions about future outcomes) relevant. I don't know what the relevant number of at-bats is in fastpitch, but I suspect it is about 30, a certain important number in statistics for reasons I cannot remember now.
DunninLA

by BigSoftball » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Winners Bracket live video Beverly Bandits vs Team North Florida 12:30

live now

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/pre ... ent-300561

Looks like that might be the only game today, it's the only one on schedule so far...

http://www.sportsnetusa.net/html/broadcasts.html
BigSoftball

by AM Softball » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:26 am

jonriv wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
ontheblack wrote:I used PS a lot today and followed several games. I saw a few times where the subs were off, but whoever was keeping score did a great job of making corrections. Was the next best thing to being there.

Stats are over-rated. Even my kid, a player, thinks so.

Poor thing. She is very misguided.

If so, why are they used in every sport? Why are they used in the Olympics? Why are they used in jobs? Why are they used in education? Why are they used in everything in life if they are of no purpose? Why are they posted on every team site, no matter what sport it is? Why are they posted in the newspaper everyday in the sports section? Why are they used by coaches to make line-ups? I could go on and on with examples.

Stats aren't everything, I agree, but they don't lie and are not over-rated. To say "get a life" as in the other post. I have a life and if you don't think stats will be used in college, you need to understand life. Get less excuses and address the concerns.

I know that stas are used in college- but the stats from a TB tournament, even PGF, will not. Stats can lie, can be manipulated or not show the real truth. Coach is watching two players- one goes 0 for three, but hits hard line drives that are caught. Player two goes three for three, but with three weak hits on bad swings that just clear the infield. Player two has better stats, but who will the coach want?? Do you ever see any college player with the stat- went .500 in her rec tournament in 2005?

I agree completely but what if the coach isn't there? What will they look at? I saw a coach, with my own eyes last night, looking at those stats. Therefore, even if they are off, they should be as accurate as possible. That's all I am saying.

I don't think I am really getting my point across because people are thinking this is all about my kid. It isn't at all. I'm not a parent complaining about "little suzie's" at bats). I'm not arguing hits vs. errors and stuff like that. I get that can be subjective but when scores are wrong, at bats are given to the wrong players (not my daughter), pinch runners are getting credited with at bats when they never hit (not my daughter), etc. I see this as a problem. We had a pitcher pitch awesome today. 3 innings of perfection and it doesn't even show she played in the game (it wasn't my daughter).

I realize it is difficult to get everything done properly, and I believe PGF is the best thing around, but why not collaborate (which is what this is..a discussion board with feedback) and try to solve the problem. How can anyone not see this point?
AM Softball

by AM Softball » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:41 am

ontheblack wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
ontheblack wrote:I used PS a lot today and followed several games. I saw a few times where the subs were off, but whoever was keeping score did a great job of making corrections. Was the next best thing to being there.

Stats are over-rated. Even my kid, a player, thinks so.

Poor thing. She is very misguided.

If so, why are they used in every sport? Why are they used in the Olympics? Why are they used in jobs? Why are they used in education? Why are they used in everything in life if they are of no purpose? Why are they posted on every team site, no matter what sport it is? Why are they posted in the newspaper everyday in the sports section? Why are they used by coaches to make line-ups? I could go on and on with examples.

Stats aren't everything, I agree, but they don't lie and are not over-rated. To say "get a life" as in the other post. I have a life and if you don't think stats will be used in college, you need to understand life. Get less excuses and address the concerns.

My kid pitches. Her game stats are usually quite good, but she has average speed, which is what many focus on. In her situation, the stats mean little to others until she beats them.

You should know better.

I should know better. Know what? That the stats mean nothing because you think that?? I disagree. Sorry. So if your daughter throws a 1 hitter and loses, she isn't getting her job done because she didn't beat the team?? You should know better.

This isn't about me, I am just being an advocate for the players, but this is just an example of stats being used. At the WCWS, I pitched a game and got mercied by Arizona. MERCIED. 8-0 in 6 innings. Thank Goodness they looked at the stats because there was only ONE earned run and we made 5 errors that game. I lost. My team lost. Did that mean I didn't do my job because I didn't beat them? It is a team sport and thank goodness the selection team looked at those stats...those stats allowed me to make All-Tournament team. Had they looked at the score, I never would have gotten recognition for what I worked hard all season to earn.

and just for the record...my DD stats were totally messed up (and she didn't perform that well regardless of how they were posted so the corrections wouldn't have bolstered anything). I didn't even report the errors even when they offered to change them for me. My answer was "Don't worry about her stats, she will just take one for the team" so I am not just complaining. I'm trying to find a solution to a problem. There are probably ten times more positives about PGF than the messed up stats but why not try to make it as perfect as possible in every category?

That's all I am trying to say.
AM Softball

by ontheblack » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:20 am

I said stats are over rated, not that they didnt matter at all. There is an enormous difference between those two statements.

You have no idea what the coach you saw looking at the box score was looking for, or why. What we can assume from your comments is that the coach was there in person, which means they likely saw that particular kid play. If true, that puts the stats, even if somewhat inaccurate, in a different perspective.

If my kid performs well, I'm not really concerned with whether or not she was credited with the correct number of Ks.

As for checking with the official book, that may or may not work out in your favor depending on which team kept the book.
ontheblack

by superfan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 am

My DD has attended PGF the last 3 years. I absolutely have loved the game feed and stats provided. The entire tournament can be tracked. How awesome is that!

Sure there have been errors. However, I have seen an improvement over the years. My DD PGF stats are by far more accurate than her Maxpreps HS stats.

Even though some of my DD stats were at times less than desireable, she still got recruited because in the end that's just a tiny piece of the puzzle.
superfan

by NumeroUno » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:08 pm

brand new top of the line computer and I can't get any sound to listen to the games. I turned on tunes and I can here that
premium.html
NumeroUno

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:37 pm

NumeroUno wrote:brand new top of the line computer and I can't get any sound to listen to the games. I turned on tunes and I can here that

What happens when you play something on YouTube?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:39 pm

i just did it and i can hear it fine
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch