Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Spreading the Word on PGF

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by jonriv » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:46 am

AI- name calling is always the tactic of someone with a weak argument

I could care less about ASA- so let's be clear about that.

There are many who still think(perhaps incorrectly) that PGF is Cali centered. I may be a wrong perception, but perception is reality. I believe that PGF is actively trying to overcome this perception. They are much wiser than you who believes that you fix the problem by calling them dumb.

In many parts of the country-people simply do not know who PGF is. I only know about i because I am on Hey Bucket. I is not on TV in most of the country.(I did catch it on ESPN that first year) The word needs to get out.

IMO PGF will never surpass ASA in size, nor do I think it should. It is best kept relatively small and exclusive.

As far as invites, I think PGF would love to be "Qualify Only" That would put it way above any tournament and make it a true meritocracy.

My only purpose was to offer one way in which PGF could spread the word-and cheaply.
jonriv

by NumeroUno » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:50 am

jonriv wrote:AI- name calling is always the tactic of someone with a weak argument

There are many who still think(perhaps incorrectly) that PGF is Cali centered. I may be a wrong perception, but perception is reality. I believe that PGF is actively trying to overcome this perception. They are much wiser than you who believes that you fix the problem by calling them dumb.

In many parts of the country-people simply do not know who PGF is. I only know about i because I am on Hey Bucket. I is not on TV in most of the country.(I did catch it on ESPN that first year) The word needs to get out.

IMO PGF will never surpass ASA in size, nor do I think it should. It is best kept relatively small and exclusive.

As far as invites, I think PGF would love to be "Qualify Only" That would put it way above any tournament and make it a true meritocracy.

My only purpose was to offer one way in which PGF could spread the word-and cheaply.

You guys hear that The Bucket spreading the news :D ;)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by PDad » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Start spreading the word
I am leaving today
I want to be a part of it
Premier, Premier

These vagabond cleats
They are longing to play
Right through the very heart of it
Premier, Premier

I want to compete in that tourney
Against the best
And find I'm king of the hill
Top of the heap

My old sanction blues
They are melting away
I gonna make a brand new start of it
In new Premier

If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
Premier, Premier
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TexasYellowBall » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:30 pm

I am from Texas andI have been to both ASA Nationals and PGF Nationals. I have have been as a parent and a coach. I am a certified ASA homer and have defended ASA throughtout the years.

WEATHER is a factor. It can take you out of a tournament. I am born and raised Texan and 4 games on a Wednesday when the temp. is 107 in Oklahoma City is tough. ( this make the Texas Impact' run at ASA even more outstanding). PGF weather is nice and 75, but I cant explain it well but it was still hot in the middle of the day. PGF still wins this by a long shot

TEAMS PGF had top qualify teams at nationals. There is no doubt about this. If you think I am wrong, then your not being honest. ASA also had quality , top notch teams but in California you have no cupcakes. You had to play your best or go home. PGF wins.

QUALIFIERs ASA wins this by a long way. They make it fair and the team playing best on qualifing weekend qualify. PGF needs to make an abrupt change NOW with qualifiers. It is established enough and the free berths expect for top 10 from the prior year HAVE to go away. Beyond California this flaw is hard to get away from. The nation as a whole will not ever accept free berths of teams and them not having to travel spending money to earn a berth from year to year. The perception of "good ol' boys club" has to be taken away. ASA wins

EXPERIENCE I had a great time at PGF. The fields are alright and opening Ceremonies were great. College coaches were everywhere. This is not a glorified showcase. ASA is a great experience but I feel they still need to make changes and adjust.

I know both claim to do it ALL for the kids.....I am still not sure if this is accurate statement by either organizations. Both charge way to much and will continue. When the prices drops and the top dogs dont make a salary then I will believe it is all for the kids.

As of today, ASA is still our first choice but PGF is gaining ground fast. The competition at PGF is amazing and makes our players better. The qualifiers for PGF have to change for our teams to bail completly.
TexasYellowBall

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:53 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:I am from Texas andI have been to both ASA Nationals and PGF Nationals. I have have been as a parent and a coach. I am a certified ASA homer and have defended ASA throughtout the years.

WEATHER is a factor. It can take you out of a tournament. I am born and raised Texan and 4 games on a Wednesday when the temp. is 107 in Oklahoma City is tough. ( this make the Texas Impact' run at ASA even more outstanding). PGF weather is nice and 75, but I cant explain it well but it was still hot in the middle of the day. PGF still wins this by a long shot

TEAMS PGF had top qualify teams at nationals. There is no doubt about this. If you think I am wrong, then your not being honest. ASA also had quality , top notch teams but in California you have no cupcakes. You had to play your best or go home. PGF wins.

QUALIFIERs ASA wins this by a long way. They make it fair and the team playing best on qualifing weekend qualify. PGF needs to make an abrupt change NOW with qualifiers. It is established enough and the free berths expect for top 10 from the prior year HAVE to go away. Beyond California this flaw is hard to get away from. The nation as a whole will not ever accept free berths of teams and them not having to travel spending money to earn a berth from year to year. The perception of "good ol' boys club" has to be taken away. ASA wins

EXPERIENCE I had a great time at PGF. The fields are alright and opening Ceremonies were great. College coaches were everywhere. This is not a glorified showcase. ASA is a great experience but I feel they still need to make changes and adjust.

I know both claim to do it ALL for the kids.....I am still not sure if this is accurate statement by either organizations. Both charge way to much and will continue. When the prices drops and the top dogs dont make a salary then I will believe it is all for the kids.

As of today, ASA is still our first choice but PGF is gaining ground fast. The competition at PGF is amazing and makes our players better. The qualifiers for PGF have to change for our teams to bail completly.

TexasYellowBall really has a point about the competition at PGF. DD got picked up by a very good 16U team and I'm telling you there is just absolutey no margin for error or you will be going home real fast.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CULater » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:18 pm

I disagree, there are teams at PGF and ASA that are just not up to par. If you look at the scores of all the games, there are scores that are not very competive.
CULater

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 pm

jonriv wrote:AI- name calling is always the tactic of someone with a weak argument

Unfortunately I am not name calling. You have been presented on a number of occasions with evidence that anyone of reasonably sound mind would agree clearly shows that teams are coming from across the country to play at PGF. Yet, you continue to go back to "In many parts ... " or "Shake the image of being ...". So much so, it seems that if there were 64 teams all from non-SoCal at PGF you would still post saying PGF needs to get the word out.

Now when MTR, UmpSteve, TYB, CULater or other ASA faithful say this, I get what they are saying. Arguing that PGF is more SoCal centric to bolster a case as an ASA supporter it actually makes sense.

When you just keep repeating the same statements, that are wrong, yet cannot provide any evidence, or support it comes off dimwitted. Like declaring NCAA was trying to get rid of "old" bats with their bat program.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 pm

PDad wrote:Start spreading the word
I am leaving today
I want to be a part of it
Premier, Premier

These vagabond cleats
They are longing to play
Right through the very heart of it
Premier, Premier

I want to compete in that tourney
Against the best
And find I'm king of the hill
Top of the heap

My old sanction blues
They are melting away
I gonna make a brand new start of it
In new Premier

If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
Premier, Premier

pretty good you missed your calling
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by jonriv » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:59 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:

Unfortunately I am not name calling. You have been presented on a number of occasions with evidence that anyone of reasonably sound mind would agree clearly shows that teams are coming from across the country to play at PGF. Yet, you continue to go back to "In many parts ... " or "Shake the image of being ...". So much so, it seems that if there were 64 teams all from non-SoCal at PGF you would still post saying PGF needs to get the word out.

Now when MTR, UmpSteve, TYB, CULater or other ASA faithful say this, I get what they are saying. Arguing that PGF is more SoCal centric to bolster a case as an ASA supporter it actually makes sense.

When you just keep repeating the same statements, that are wrong, yet cannot provide any evidence, or support it comes off dimwitted. Like declaring NCAA was trying to get rid of "old" bats with their bat program.

How many teams from New England -0- -none even went to a Qualifier

How many teams from New York -0- only one went to a Qualifier and it was from upstate NY

DId PGF have teams travel from many parts of the country-yes, but it is still an unknown in many other areas

As for the NCAA bat policy. I never said that the NCAA did it to get rid of old bats(you need to work on your reading comprehension) They had all good intentions to rid the sport of hot bats, I said that the bat companies used it as a chance to promote their new bats since it made little economic sense to submit a bat no longer in production(This was supported by both Demarini and Anderson) You are the one who ignores the facts
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:31 am

Some facts for you AI:

PGF

12u 39 teams - 90% California
14u 48 teams -52% California
16u 63 teams -54% California
18HS 67 teams 45% California

Overall 57% of Teams at PGF were from California

24 States represented across all age levels (48%)- no teams from PR or other US territories

PGF has done a great job so far, but there is more to do. From all of their actions to date, they seem to agree. It is also easy to understand why someone might interpret these statistics into thinking it was a Cali-centric tournament. This is the "perception" that PGF is fighting.

Now any major National Fastpitch national tournament logically should have a large number of California teams- I am sure ASA did as well, but since PGF is in California and run by Californians it is easy to understand why someone might jump to conclusions.

My entire premise of the post was to give PGF to spread it's influence to more areas and perhaps increase the number of Qualifiers and the number of teams that attend those Qualifiers.
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch