Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF goes on record

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by jonriv » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:10 pm

gotcha-I guess I mis-remembered

What about prior to the PGF split?
jonriv

by MavFan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:34 pm

How many of the players that were on the 2011 JNT were on teams that did not have to qualify for ASA Gold and were given.....eh I mean earned ...ehh no I mean given berths to PGF???
MavFan

by jonriv » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:06 am

Spazsdad wrote:
MavFan wrote:How many of the players that were on the 2011 JNT were on teams that did not have to qualify for ASA Gold and were given.....eh I mean earned ...ehh no I mean given berths to PGF???

What does that have to do with anything?

I was thinking the same thing.....
jonriv

by MavFan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:55 am

Using the 2010 numbers is a little skewed because a number of those players didn't play in ASA championship play because their teams didn't have to qualify for a national. Those teams knew that they were going to PGF so they didn't play in any ASA qualifiers. My point being that if those teams weren't invited to PGF and had to qualify, how many of them would have tried to qualify ASA as well, a back up plan.
MavFan

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:03 pm

jonriv wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
MavFan wrote:How many of the players that were on the 2011 JNT were on teams that did not have to qualify for ASA Gold and were given.....eh I mean earned ...ehh no I mean given berths to PGF???

What does that have to do with anything?

I was thinking the same thing.....

"MavFan, party of one...MavFan, party of one..."
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Nothing is skewed.

The question remains, how were they selected if they didnt play ASA Gold?

@Skarp,

I still dont see why this is about money. How does this impact PGF monetarily? Their tournament will still be full of paying customers.
ontheblack

by PDad » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:12 am

ontheblack wrote:The question remains, how were they selected if they didnt play ASA Gold?

The last JNT was selected in June 2010 - prior to the first PGF National.

The relevant question to the reported requirement of playing ASA Gold in 2012: were any players invited to the tryout camp in 2010 without playing ASA Gold in 2009?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 am

I find it curious nobody has brought up the JNT regulations in ASA Code. The only mention of using ASA Nationals to select national teams is in Article 704 for nonprotected international invitationals where entire team(s) are chosen based on the order of finish.

Article 702.B National Player Pool appears to govern how players are identified as candidates for the national teams. Interestingly, it requires they hold OPEN tryouts. Does the National Identification Program with Softball Factory satisfy this requirement? Can players that didn't participate in Gold Nats use this avenue to be invited to the final selection camp?

... The National Player Pools for the Junior Boy’s National Team and for the Junior Girls’ National Team shall consist of individuals who satisfy all applicable eligibility rules for participation in the competitions that are part of these programs. The members of each National Player Pool shall be determined by the applicable National Team Selection Committee and shall include open tryouts. The final decision regarding selection to the pool shall be made by the applicable National Team Selection Committee. ...

Article 703 TEAM AND COACH SELECTION FOR PROTECTED COMPETITION.
B. Players.
The appropriate number of athletes will be selected using the applicable guidelines for team size in each protected competition. The respective National Team Selection Committee shall select players and alternate players from the National Players Pool in accordance with selection procedures developed by the National Team Selection Committee and, if applicable, approved by the United States Olympic Committee.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by mr softball » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 am

boy i used to think this game was for the kids, but the way everyone is talking i wonder anymore
mr softball
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MavFan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:19 am

Has anyone heard anything from ASA, PGF, the USOC, heck has Spy heard anything?
MavFan

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch