Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF goes on record

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by dodgerblue » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 am

Does anyone really give that much of sh!t?
dodgerblue

by jonriv » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 am

dodgerblue wrote:Does anyone really give that much of sh!t?

Quote of the Day!!!!!!!!!!!!
jonriv

by MavFan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 am

Yep.
MavFan

by dodgerblue » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:21 pm

It affects a minuscule number of players in the overall picture. If you think your kid is the caliber to play on the JNT have her play in a Gold qualifier with some team. Other than that it just continues the pissing match between these guys.

Exactly! Stop crying about something that's not going to be fixed anytime soon.
dodgerblue

by MavFan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:24 am

Just asking if there had been any further update.

As with any topic on any message board, if you don't want to read about it, don't click on the thread. Its a pretty simple concept.
MavFan

by badcallblue » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Bottom line is that PGF only cares about THEIR bottom line (oh and their good old boys who get automatic berths).

PGF, if want to reach out to us parents lower your costs, stop giving automatic berths and for the love of the game get back to what put you guys in this position of power in the first place.......... COACHING !!!!!!!
badcallblue

by NumeroUno » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:27 am

badcallblue wrote:Bottom line is that PGF only cares about THEIR bottom line (oh and their good old boys who get automatic berths).

PGF, if want to reach out to us parents lower your costs, stop giving automatic berths and for the love of the game get back to what put you guys in this position of power in the first place.......... COACHING !!!!!!!

BCB they can lower the costs real easy by cutting out all the TV games, they are very expensive. I loved watching the games on TV so I think the extra money is worth it. As for free berths I do understand your concerns but just think if everyone had to qualify. Giving Worth Firecrackers, Corona Angels, Team North Florida, So Cal Athletics, Beverly Bandits and Batbusters etc a free berth opens the doors for a lot of other teams. All those teams will qualify every year no matter what. Giving them all berths give all the second tier teams an opportunity to play at the best nationals in the country that I have ever been to. Besides that it saves a lot of teams money for not having to fly around and chase a berth.

If you went to PGF all three years you would see that each year PGF listened and got better. It will be tough to improve this year because last year they did a top notch job.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by MavFan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:10 am

NumeroUno wrote:
badcallblue wrote:Bottom line is that PGF only cares about THEIR bottom line (oh and their good old boys who get automatic berths).

BCB they can lower the costs real easy by cutting out all the TV games, they are very expensive. I loved watching the games on TV so I think the extra money is worth it. As for free berths I do understand your concerns but just think if everyone had to qualify. Giving Worth Firecrackers, Corona Angels, Team North Florida, So Cal Athletics, Beverly Bandits and Batbusters etc a free berth opens the doors for a lot of other teams. All those teams will qualify every year no matter what. Giving them all berths give all the second tier teams an opportunity to play at the best nationals in the country that I have ever been to. Besides that it saves a lot of teams money for not having to fly around and chase a berth.

If you went to PGF all three years you would see that each year PGF listened and got better. It will be tough to improve this year because last year they did a top notch job.

Uno, I agree with most everything except the berths open up doors for other teams. If you have 66 berths invite 30 or if you have 66 berths and invite only the top 12, you still have the same number of berths, 66.

You probably could have worded the second teir team thing a little better, I am sure the folks at PGF don't believe they have any second teir teams at their event.

Not sure the teams having to qualify care all that much about the money the invited teams save. Juss sayin'
MavFan

by MavFan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 am

Spazsdad wrote:But if those traditionally top teams played in a qualifier and took the berths then the other teams that didn't make it would possibly have to travel to another qualifier leading to additional costs to those teams.
As far as costs for the tournament PGF is no more expensive than ASA so I don't know where the poster is saying they should lower the cost.

But it doesn't open doors, it just makes opening the doors cheaper. Not the same as opening doors, there are still only x number of doors. This could be fixed by having more qualifiers in SoCal. What difference does it make if you invite 18 teams from SoCal or have 3-six team qualifiers in the area. Still get the 18 spots, but you can say all the teams earned a berth.

And again I say, if I am forking out $2000 to play in SoCal at PGF nationals, after having paid another $750 to travel to qualify. I don't care how much it saves the teams that got invited, or got to stay home to play in a qualifier, and didn't have to travel as far to qualify.
MavFan

by NumeroUno » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:12 am

MavFan wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:

Uno, I agree with most everything except the berths open up doors for other teams. If you have 66 berths invite 30 or if you have 66 berths and invite only the top 12, you still have the same number of berths, 66.

You probably could have worded the second teir team thing a little better, I am sure the folks at PGF don't believe they have any second teir teams at their event.

Not sure the teams having to qualify care all that much about the money the invited teams save. Juss sayin'

Mav I read things that I wrote and to say the least you bet it could have been worded it in a different way :) I am not saying all the teams at PGF aren't good , that was the toughest tourney I have ever played in. What I am saying is the top teams I mentioned are finishing at the top almost every year.. They get the best players every year. Then you have the teams that always finish 8th maybe 10th to 20th second tier. Then you have the teams that finish 20-30 3rd tier. Those top teams will qualify and the teams on the bubble every year now can save money from chasing the berth quailfying close to home. My computer is pissing me off so I am going to work
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch