Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF goes on record

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by CheckWriter » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 am

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Iluvblue » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am

I love this stuff.

ASA for years was the only game in town for many parts of the country. And now they have a serious challenge and look how they respond.

I have said this for years.... teams dont need the sanctioning body as much as the sanctioning body needs the teams. This is not about what is best for softball, this is about protecting the huge cash cow that asa has had for years.

Just like the tourneys in our area. Teams are figuring out that they have the power to dictate the terms of their business dollar.

ASA is making some bad choices here if they think they can strong are all of these teams into playing asa Gold. They are going to lose big time.
Iluvblue

by ontheblack » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 am

That was a well constructed letter. Nice job.
ontheblack

by dodgerblue » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:02 am

:roll:
dodgerblue

by freetacos » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:22 am

A well constructed letter? Are you joking? Ther letter did nothing but repeat the same premise over and over. The threats should make ASA tremble in thier boots. If you want to persue this type of correspondance...get a lawyer for gods sake. Preferably a good one that can communicate in a concise intelligent manner.
That letter is probably in the circular file by now.

BTW, I don't disagree with the post but the letter was sophmoric at best. Please excuse me if I misspelled or used incorrect grammer...remember I'm not a Lawyer. :lol: :lol:

ft
freetacos

by ontheblack » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Having a lawyer write the letter pretty much defeats the purpose of saying "we" are asking you to fix this before we bring lawyers into the fray.

Unfortunately Im betting an attorney will be writing one soon enough as I doubt anything positive will be accomplished until then.
ontheblack

by freetacos » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:13 pm

He that has the deepest pockets will win the lawyer game every time. Is PGF that profitable yet?
Also this whole thing was supposed to be about the girls, right?

"In addition, ASA effectively operates as a monopoly and has used its market share and position as the NGB to excluded competitors like PGF from the market for Women’s Junior competitive softball. PGF and other softball associations will be compelled to pursue relief for the damages caused thereby in the event ASA fails to immediately rescind the policy"

Lawyers also help keep us mere mortals from putting our foot in our mouths. :lol: :lol:

Plus..when did PGF become spokesman for all the "other" associations?

In other words PGF doesn't give a crap about the players...just show them the money baby!!!!!!!

ft

p.s. the "market" referance was made twice in the article
freetacos

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Not a surprise that is your read on things ft. Did you actually state 1) Our profits are more so our pockets are deeper than yours so our lawyers win, and 2) That it should be about the girls; in the same paragraph? That's awesome.

Looks to me like a letter written at the request of the USOC, giving ASA a chance to do the right thing.

I suspect you are right, ASA will not alter course based on this letter. They seem to have barely noticed any of the other events that have transpired over the last 5 years, this will likely be the same.

Fortunately the sport can move forward even with ASA soundly sleeping at the switch. The little JNT bump in the road will certainly not amount to anything.

What Is and What Should Never Be
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:25 pm

By denying these athletes the opportunity to qualify for selection for the National Team, ASA violates the basic rights of these athletes, who are scrupulously protected by the USOC, Section 9.1 of the Bylaws.

ASA’s policy also violates the USOC’s requirements that ASA, as the designated NGB, designate a process for the fair selection of athletes. See Section 8.7(f) of USOC’s bylaws.

The bylaws were put in place to protect against discrimination like gay rights, race, etc...Not to protect other sanctions.
Last edited by Battle on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:35 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:Not a surprise that is your read on things ft. Did you actually state 1) Our profits are more so our pockets are deeper than yours so our lawyers win, and 2) That it should be about the girls; in the same paragraph? That's awesome.

Looks to me like a letter written at the request of the USOC, giving ASA a chance to do the right thing.

I suspect you are right, ASA will not alter course based on this letter. They seem to have barely noticed any of the other events that have transpired over the last 5 years, this will likely be the same.

Fortunately the sport can move forward even with ASA soundly sleeping at the switch. The little JNT bump in the road will certainly not amount to anything.

What Is and What Should Never Be

I will go on record again that I think ASA's policy in this matter is wrong.

I doubt it was written at he request of the USOC- would they not just contact ASA themselves? My guess is that during an Olympic year USOC could care less about a non-olympic sport like softball and some pissing contest between two softball orgs.

To FT's point- if PGF is going to write a lawyer-like letter, might as well have a real lawyer do it and make it legit.

BTW- I like the Led Zep reference!
jonriv

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch