Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 12u Returns & Invites

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Onemorechance » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Fastpitch4Life wrote:
Onemorechance wrote:
PDad wrote:
MavFan wrote:With all due respect, justifying invites at 12U, outside of the returning berths, is nearly impossible. Players switch teams, coaches move up, or out of organizations, just too many variables at 12U and 14U to accurately determine who is worthy of an invite.

It's fairly obvious that some organizations (e.g CA, FC, OCBB, SCA) get an invite for any age group where they don't have a returning berth. I believe this includes some org's back east and it's just less obvious because they don't use all their invites. It seems the org determines which of their teams get the invite berths.

What about team mizuno? It's one of the top orgs.
Just put a poll together and let the fans vote the teams in. :lol:

There was no Team Mizuno at this time last year.

Yea okay I understand that but there were players who played on teams that changed there names over to team mizuno. In the 14u division mizuno Campbell was given a berth when he was victory last year. it's all a sham $$$ and popularly
contest. Just saying keep it consistent. But you have to pay to play. :lol:
Onemorechance

by SouthPaw_Dad » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:30 pm

PDad wrote:
SouthPaw_Dad wrote:OK I give! Anybody have any clue why Irvine Sting "Magically" appeared on the list of California 12U teams receiving invites?

Here's a clue...

PDad True Dat...........Bill Barber is a very nice field!
SouthPaw_Dad
"If it ain't Left - It ain't Right"
SouthPaw_Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 am

Spazsdad wrote:
Onemorechance wrote:
In the 14u division mizuno Campbell was given a berth when he was victory last year. it's all a sham $$$ and popularly

Ya, that Campbell is a hack. What has he ever done in fastpitch. :roll:

Then just give him a lifetime pass and be done with it.
ontheblack

by ontheblack » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Its going to be questioned as long as no one outside of PGF understands the process because they say one thing (invites for 1st 2 years only) then do another.

Your response is similar to the responses from ASA that PGF cites as the reason they started up in the first place. I am anything but an ASA homer, but its pathetic to continue to see invites to SoCal teams that would participate in qualifiers here and in AZ.

I dont have a dog in this fight this year, so I consider myself to actually be objective.
ontheblack

by Onemorechance » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
ontheblack wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Onemorechance wrote:
In the 14u division mizuno Campbell was given a berth when he was victory last year. it's all a sham $$$ and popularly

Ya, that Campbell is a hack. What has he ever done in fastpitch. :roll:

Then just give him a lifetime pass and be done with it.

Maybe they have along with the others that get berths that people question ad nauseum on these threads. PGF has a business model and they follow the plan they feel is best for their success. If that plan does not involve your team such is life. Complaining about it isn't getting you an invite.

One thing I can say spazsdad is that you are consistent in shooting down others opinions down :oops:
Sorry for questioning the establishment.
Onemorechance

by rbi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
ontheblack wrote:Its going to be questioned as long as no one outside of PGF understands the process because they say one thing (invites for 1st 2 years only) then do another.

Your response is similar to the responses from ASA that PGF cites as the reason they started up in the first place. I am anything but an ASA homer, but its pathetic to continue to see invites to SoCal teams that would participate in qualifiers here and in AZ.

I dont have a dog in this fight this year, so I consider myself to actually be objective.

Nor do I.
They are still trying to get 12u off the ground. If they think invites to SoCal teams will help the process than so be it.
Personally I will say I think PGF is one of the worst things to happen to fastpitch in recent history but it is what it is. I ain't losing any sleep over it or bitching about how they run things. Age wise we were in the thick of it when it started. The girls hated it and so did I. It has ruined the experience of going to Nationals. PGFwill never "feel" like Nationals.
As an aside last years opening ceremonies was the best. The girls loved it and that's what matters.

What was it that "you and the girls hated"? And isn't ASA still hosting a "National" that you can go to to enjoy the "experience"??
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:02 am

Onemorechance wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:
Onemorechance wrote:
PDad wrote:
MavFan wrote:With all due respect, justifying invites at 12U, outside of the returning berths, is nearly impossible. Players switch teams, coaches move up, or out of organizations, just too many variables at 12U and 14U to accurately determine who is worthy of an invite.

It's fairly obvious that some organizations (e.g CA, FC, OCBB, SCA) get an invite for any age group where they don't have a returning berth. I believe this includes some org's back east and it's just less obvious because they don't use all their invites. It seems the org determines which of their teams get the invite berths.

What about team mizuno? It's one of the top orgs.
Just put a poll together and let the fans vote the teams in. :lol:

There was no Team Mizuno at this time last year.

Yea okay I understand that but there were players who played on teams that changed there names over to team mizuno. In the 14u division mizuno Campbell was given a berth when he was victory last year. it's all a sham $$$ and popularly

Took a look at the 12U PGF Qual Bracket from Saturday. Yea that Team Mizuno Org. sucks.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by grls r betr thn bys » Fri May 17, 2013 2:54 pm

I heard Team California from No Cal got an invite...Is that true
grls r betr thn bys

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri May 17, 2013 3:59 pm

grls r betr thn bys wrote:I heard Team California from No Cal got an invite...Is that true

Ask your coach :lol: :lol:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 pm

grls r betr thn bys wrote:I heard Team California from No Cal got an invite...Is that true

No it is not true!
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch