Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 12u Returns & Invites

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by MavFan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:39 pm

PDad wrote:
MavFan wrote:With all due respect, justifying invites at 12U, outside of the returning berths, is nearly impossible. Players switch teams, coaches move up, or out of organizations, just too many variables at 12U and 14U to accurately determine who is worthy of an invite.

It's fairly obvious that some organizations (e.g CA, FC, OCBB, SCA) get an invite for any age group where they don't have a returning berth. I believe this includes some org's back east and it's just less obvious because they don't use all their invites. It seems the org determines which of their teams get the invite berths.

I really could not care less who gets an invite, I just don't see how 6 guys on a conference call can determine which teams made up of 11 and 12 year olds deserve an invitation and which ones have to play their way in. Its just kind of funny is all. I can totally understand the returning berths, the rest are just favors to friends at 12, for the reasons I stated. Like you said they are giving it to coaches or organizations.
MavFan

by SoCalMgr » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 pm

MavFan wrote:
PDad wrote:
MavFan wrote:With all due respect, justifying invites at 12U, outside of the returning berths, is nearly impossible. Players switch teams, coaches move up, or out of organizations, just too many variables at 12U and 14U to accurately determine who is worthy of an invite.

It's fairly obvious that some organizations (e.g CA, FC, OCBB, SCA) get an invite for any age group where they don't have a returning berth. I believe this includes some org's back east and it's just less obvious because they don't use all their invites. It seems the org determines which of their teams get the invite berths.

I really could not care less who gets an invite, I just don't see how 6 guys on a conference call can determine which teams made up of 11 and 12 year olds deserve an invitation and which ones have to play their way in. Its just kind of funny is all. I can totally understand the returning berths, the rest are just favors to friends at 12, for the reasons I stated. Like you said they are giving it to coaches or organizations.

I might be wrong on this but if a coach or organization historically puts together a great team no mater who is on the bench shouldn't they be considered for an invite?
SoCalMgr

by ontheblack » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 pm

SoCalMgr wrote:
MavFan wrote:
PDad wrote:

I might be wrong on this but if a coach or organization historically puts together a great team no mater who is on the bench shouldn't they be considered for an invite?

No. They wouldnt need it. They would play their way in, win, and get an auto berth for the following year. Then they would win again and get another berth. For a real world reference, see OCBB McNee.

SCB Steele got one last year. If she failed to take advantage and didnt finish high enough to get a berth this year, too bad. Go earn it.
ontheblack

by Onemorechance » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:03 pm

PDad wrote:

What about team mizuno? It's one of the top orgs.
Just put a poll together and let the fans vote the teams in. :lol:
Onemorechance

by ontheblack » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Onemorechance wrote:
PDad wrote:

Vote on hottest moms. Best looking ones get an invite.
ontheblack

by SouthPaw_Dad » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:50 pm

oiler pride wrote:I was told the Vienna Stars and Birmingham Thunderbolts both received invites. Only 2 teams east of Mississippi I know of.
Teams from Cali are:
OCBatbusters-Moore
So Cal Athletics-Fernando
Firecrackers-Araujo
Corona Angels-Tyson
So Cal Breakers -Steele
Salinas Storm.

OK I give! Anybody have any clue why Irvine Sting "Magically" appeared on the list of California 12U teams receiving invites?

Invited Teams: OC Batbusters Moore, So Cal Athletics Tidd/Ornelas, Firecrackers Araujo, Corona Angels Tyson, So Cal Breakers Steele, Birmingham Thunderbolts, Vienna Stars, Salinas Storm, MN Renegades, Irvine Sting 00.
SouthPaw_Dad
"If it ain't Left - It ain't Right"
SouthPaw_Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:30 pm

SouthPaw_Dad wrote:
oiler pride wrote:I was told the Vienna Stars and Birmingham Thunderbolts both received invites. Only 2 teams east of Mississippi I know of.
Teams from Cali are:
OCBatbusters-Moore
So Cal Athletics-Fernando
Firecrackers-Araujo
Corona Angels-Tyson
So Cal Breakers -Steele
Salinas Storm.

OK I give! Anybody have any clue why Irvine Sting "Magically" appeared on the list of California 12U teams receiving invites?

Invited Teams: OC Batbusters Moore, So Cal Athletics Tidd/Ornelas, Firecrackers Araujo, Corona Angels Tyson, So Cal Breakers Steele, Birmingham Thunderbolts, Vienna Stars, Salinas Storm, MN Renegades, Irvine Sting 00.

The check finally cleared?
ontheblack

by PDad » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 pm

SouthPaw_Dad wrote:OK I give! Anybody have any clue why Irvine Sting "Magically" appeared on the list of California 12U teams receiving invites?

Here's a clue...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:19 pm

PDad wrote:
SouthPaw_Dad wrote:OK I give! Anybody have any clue why Irvine Sting "Magically" appeared on the list of California 12U teams receiving invites?

Here's a clue...

Maybe the national qualifier was already closed? :lol: The rest of us have to go and fight it out this weekend in Surf City.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Onemorechance wrote:
PDad wrote:

There was no Team Mizuno at this time last year.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch