Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Premier National Championship Fee...Really?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by PDad » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:01 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
rdelawder12 wrote:... I guess the state of Fla is saying NO to PGF, kind of helps with ASA Gold in their back yard this year....

Team North Florida, nuff said.

Gold Coast Hurricanes too. I doubt either one would try to do both with PGF starting pool games on Sunday this year.

PGF qualifiers haven't fared well in FL. They should hold them in GA instead.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:31 pm

PDad wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:ASA had 3 berths for that tournament forever. Days before, or a week, whatever the timing (7 months), they materialize 9 berths, which are "handed out" (awarded based on order of finish, just like the rest). That was repeated across the country, to swell the ranks for that tournament to goofy numbers, 164 teams. (added 20 teams - 13.8%. It seemed worse for you after only having 81 in Midland the year before, which was extremely low - usually 120+ for 14U.) I suspect the change was pushed through by the larger associations that wanted something more equitable because they were tired of chasing berths all over the country.

I much prefer the PGF model. Keep the teams to 64. (agree) Find ways to get the most competitive teams to come to your tournament. (work in progress) Hold it in an awesome location. (need to find a 2nd site to get all the best teams) Keep the timing down to playing the tournament, not holding people in town days before, days during and days after (it's now 7 days because of TV :x).

You like the ASA model, call BS, then off to Midland with you. Bring some extra samwiches.

Nope, we did PGF instead of Midland 2 years ago - we knew better.

Both have their place in the softball world and neither one is perfect. Both should distribute their berths geographically based on a combination of participation and performance. jmho

Again, you like the ASA way, me I like how PGF is doing it. Both hand out berths. Some based on order of finish, some to fill-in tournament.

The way that PGF, pretty much guarantees they will have the competitive teams. That is what I want them to do.

Not sure about second site. If they look at moving it around, I hope they do it based on convenience to teams. No need to move to make it work for umpires, bad political structure, or just to please ASA kibitzers.

Pretty much everyone I know is ok with lengthening tournament to accommodate TV. In fact I somehow missed PGF announcing that it is on TV.
18 Premier - ESPNU
18 Platinum - ESPN3
16U/14U/12U - Live on ESPN3/Taped on Fox Sports/Comcast

Something ASA has always claimed impossible.

If the youth sport remained stuck on what ASA had in store for it, it would have been some slow going.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:03 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
PDad wrote:Both have their place in the softball world and neither one is perfect. Both should distribute their berths geographically based on a combination of participation and performance. jmho

Again, you like the ASA way ( :? Where did I say I like it? I'm just correcting your exaggeration and misinformation.), me I like how PGF is doing it. Both hand out berths. Some based on order of finish, some to fill-in tournament. Both orgs do both.

The way that PGF, pretty much guarantees they will have the competitive teams. That is what I want them to do. PGF does an excellent job filling ~90% of its berths. Since they're running a very exclusive championship for the best of the best, they should be concerned with the quality of ALL the teams they admit.

Not sure about second site. If they look at moving it around, I hope they do it based on convenience to teams. No need to move to make it work for umpires, bad political structure, or just to please ASA kibitzers. I agree, must meet criteria laid out by Haning in the beginning.

Pretty much everyone I know is ok with lengthening tournament to accommodate TV. (Pricey for all the teams that have to pay for an extra night of hotel. How is it 14U and 16u don't have the same issue the week before?) In fact I somehow missed PGF announcing that it is on TV.
18 Premier - ESPNU
18 Platinum - ESPN3
16U/14U/12U - Live on ESPN3/Taped on Fox Sports/Comcast

Something ASA has always claimed impossible. ASA streams 18G games. Battle should create a Kickstarter project to get them on tv...

If the youth sport remained stuck on what ASA had in store for it, it would have been some slow going.

People do what they have an incentive to do. Competition is a great motivator for innovation and improvement. PGF is run by smart guys that are building a business - consequently it improves every year.
Last edited by PDad on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:55 pm

All information is on the website.

2013 Premier Girls Fastpitch National Championship
Schedule of Events for 14U & 16U
•Saturday July 20: 14u & 16U Dinner and Championship Bracket Draw - 6:00pm
Irvine Marriott John Wayne Airport
18000 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, Ca. 92612
•Sunday July 21: Two Pool Games for all teams (Gift Exchange will be done after your first Pool Game - Optional)
•Monday July 22: One Pool Game for all teams
•Monday July22: OPENING CEREMONIES - 5:30pm - Arrive 4:30pm
Huntington Beach Central Park (Next to HB Sports Complex, behind Library)
Live Entertainment, Concert Stage, Food-Carnival Games,
PGF Apparel, Autographs, Pin Trading (12U)
Some Folks start arriving as early as 1pm. It is a great day of entertainment in the park.
No lengthy speaches just a lot of fun for the players and their families
•Tuesday July 23: Bracket Play
•Wednesday July 24: Bracket Play
•Thursday July 25: Bracket Play
•Friday July 26: Completion of Bracket Play at Huntington Beach and Fountain Valley
•Friday July 26: Championship Games - Cal State Fullerton, Fullerton, Ca.
PGF 14U National Championship - 4:30pm - Televised on Comcast/FoxSportsWest(Tape)* Webcast on ESPN 3 (Live)
PGF 16U National Championship - 7:30pm - Televised on Comcast/FoxSportsWest (Tape)* Webcast on ESPN 3 (Live)
*Broadcast times TBD

2013 Premier Girls Fastpitch National Championship
Schedule of Events for
18U Premier Division
18U *Platinum* Division
12U Division
•Saturday July 27: Dinner and Championship Bracket Draw - 6:00pm
Irvine Marriott John Wayne Airport
18000 Von Karman Avenue, Irvine, Ca. 92612
•Sunday July 28: Two Pool Games for all teams (Gift Exchange will be done after your first Pool Game - Optional)
•Monday July 29: One Pool Game for all teams
•Monday July 29: OPENING CEREMONIES - 5:30PM - Arrive 4:30pm
Huntington Beach Central Park (Next to HB Sports Complex, behind Library)
Live Entertainment, Concert Stage, Food-Carnival Games,
PGF Apparel, Autographs, Pin Trading (12U)
Some Folks start arriving as early as 1pm. It is a great day of entertainment in the park.
No lengthy speeches just a lot of fun for the players and their families
•Tuesday July 30: Bracket Play
•Wednesday July 31: Bracket Play
•Thursday August 1: Bracket Play
•Friday August 2: Completion of Bracket Play
•Saturday August 3: Championship Games - Deanna Manning Stadium, Irvine, Ca.
PGF 12U National Championship - 12:00pm - Televised on Comcast/FoxSportsWest (Tape)*
Webcast on ESPN 3 (Live)
PGF 18U Premier Nat'l Championship - 3:00pm - Televised on ESPNU (Live)
Webcast on ESPN 3 (Live)
PGF 18U Platinum Nat'l Championship - 6:00pm - Webcast on ESPN 3 (Live)
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rdelawder12 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:41 am

Regional News!!
As you are playing in the Regional Qualifiers you are probably asking this question. "Where will the Regional championships be played?" Well in keeping with the philosophy of bringing you the Best of the Best, We are proud to bring you to the PGF Regional Championships in the following locations...

Regions 1 and 2
will play in Loudoun County, Sterling, Virginia 10U - 12U, 14U, 16U &18U
Regions 3, 4 and 5
will play in St Charles, Illinois, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U & 18U
Regions 6 and 7
10U in Turlok CA 12U & 14U in Salinas CA 16U & 18U will play in Sacramento, CA

I really like this, glad to see they are truly heading in the right direction. Leave 18 Premier and 16u the way it is and then let all the other age divisions come together and experience the National Tournament Environment, 14U and below is a priceless experience!
rdelawder12

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch