Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

SoCal PGF Qualifier - Coaches attending

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by average_joe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi, could we please get a full list of which schools plan to attend the PGF qualifier this weekend?

Right now the PGF site only lists University of North Texas.

Thank you
average_joe

by NumeroUno » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:52 pm

average_joe wrote:Hi, could we please get a full list of which schools plan to attend the PGF qualifier this weekend?

Thank you

Joe,
A lot of coaches just show up and never tell anyone they are coming. Just keep sending those letters out to all the schools your DD is interested in. I am sure there will be a boat load of coaches coming.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by average_joe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Cant we have any softball events anymore that aren't singularly focused on recruiting. Remember when kids
just went out and played a tournament to try and win the thing.

I agree and I wish it was still that way. But unfortunately it's not.
average_joe

by average_joe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:03 pm

NumeroUno wrote:
average_joe wrote:Hi, could we please get a full list of which schools plan to attend the PGF qualifier this weekend?

Thank you

Joe,
A lot of coaches just show up and never tell anyone they are coming. Just keep sending those letters out to all the schools your DD is interested in. I am sure there will be a boat load of coaches coming.

Thanks I'll do just that. Or should I say, my DD will. :)
average_joe

by PDad » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
average_joe wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Cant we have any softball events anymore that aren't singularly focused on recruiting. Remember when kids

Depends on the event. This is supposed to be a qualifier to get a berth to PGF Nationals, not a showcase. I would assume your team is trying to get a berth so why would it matter if colleges are there or not?

Reality is some coaches do show up, so it makes sense to try to get their attention if you can. Besides, coaches have complained about too many non-competitive showcases.

It shouldn't have any effect on how they play - it's like bracket games at Nats.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:56 pm

I talked to many coaches last week and they are coming
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by average_joe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
average_joe wrote:

Depends on the event. This is supposed to be a qualifier to get a berth to PGF Nationals, not a showcase. I would assume your team is trying to get a berth so why would it matter if colleges are there or not?

I thought if we could know if the colleges DD is targeting are there we would let them know her schedule and invite them to come and see her.

Are you saying that's not the right thing to do?
average_joe

by average_joe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:04 pm

NumeroUno wrote:I talked to many coaches last week and they are coming

Thanks for the insight. I guess we'll just send out the emails and hope/expect that they will be attending.
average_joe

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:31 am

average_joe wrote:I thought if we could know if the colleges DD is targeting are there we would let them know her schedule and invite them to come and see her.

Your DD should be emailing her coach every week probably twice a week right now. One e-mail should be the schedule. Next e-mail should be how she did in her games. They don't have to "RSVP" to a site to be notified of when she is playing, they just want to know that she is playing.

Even on weekends when DD is not playing, she should still be e-mailing the coaches. My kid would e-mail just to say that she woke up, had Cherrios, and was going to work out and then tell them hope they are having a good Summer or something.
Sftbll4ever

by average_joe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 am

Sftbll4ever wrote:
average_joe wrote:I thought if we could know if the colleges DD is targeting are there we would let them know her schedule and invite them to come and see her.

Your DD should be emailing her coach every week probably twice a week right now. One e-mail should be the schedule. Next e-mail should be how she did in her games. They don't have to "RSVP" to a site to be notified of when she is playing, they just want to know that she is playing.

Even on weekends when DD is not playing, she should still be e-mailing the coaches. My kid would e-mail just to say that she woke up, had Cherrios, and was going to work out and then tell them hope they are having a good Summer or something.

Thanks for the advice!
average_joe

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch