Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Las Vegas Qualifier - Brackets Posted FINAL

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Safebyahare » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:10 pm

What was score of Quakes vs Lionettes??? Was there any score in 3rd inning when game was stopped at 122 degrees??
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Coachc » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Quakes were up 1-0.
Coachc

by Tyler Durden » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Coachc wrote:The 18's losers bracket final game was halted in the 3rd inning due to the heat. I believe the Quakes were awarded the berth since they stayed in the winners bracket the longest of the two teams.

A big shout out to the Lionettes for winning 7 in a row to get to the final game. It was 115 when their 6:30 game started on Saturday and it was 95 when they finished at midnight. It was 122 when the game was called today.

IMO everyone involved in this qualifier should be embarrassed that it was played in disregard to the danger.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Coachc wrote:The 18's losers bracket final game was halted in the 3rd inning due to the heat. I believe the Quakes were awarded the berth since they stayed in the winners bracket the longest of the two teams.

A big shout out to the Lionettes for winning 7 in a row to get to the final game. It was 115 when their 6:30 game started on Saturday and it was 95 when they finished at midnight. It was 122 when the game was called today.

IMO everyone involved in this qualifier should be embarrassed that it was played in disregard to the danger.

No doubt. I wouldnt have let my kid play in this. Those of you that did are idiots.
Offense intended.
ontheblack

by Safebyahare » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:42 pm

ontheblack wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

No doubt. I wouldnt have let my kid play in this. Those of you that did are idiots.
Offense intended.

So were do you draw the line on temp.? 115degrees in Vegas is not the same as 100 degrees in TX or 99 in FL.
Yes I agree with the danger of playing in the hot, I am sure some of you have been to some horrid humid places.
And yet your dd played.
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Played in Bloomington in 2010. Played one game on a day it was 103. Had the next day off when it hit 106. Saw several blues taken to the hospital. It was nuts, but no one played more than two games.

My kid wouldnt have played this weekend and if I was coaching, the team wouldnt have played either.

These temps were predicted. It was irresponsible.

Period.
ontheblack

by Safebyahare » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:16 pm

ontheblack wrote:Played in Bloomington in 2010. Played one game on a day it was 103. Had the next day off when it hit 106. Saw several blues taken to the hospital. It was nuts, but no one played more than two games.

My kid wouldnt have played this weekend and if I was coaching, the team wouldnt have played either.

These temps were predicted. It was irresponsible.

Period.

I am not disputing the insanity of it, I am just putting it into argument. I am asking where is the line. (or your line)
It is of my opinion that we have all crossed the line one time or another in order to play the game and make our kids a little harder or tougher. Over 100 in Bloomington with that humitity may be beyond some else tolerance. (I'm just saying) Did you ever dry off when you got out of shower?
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Teams going for the PGF berths are willing to do anything, this proves it. Playing in 122 temperature - just plain stupid - JMHO
Last edited by as the world turns on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by as the world turns » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Wow, something to be proud of :lol:
Last edited by as the world turns on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by coachEd » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Both the 16u and the 14u final games were halted about 12:45 due to the heat. In 16u, FC-young had beat ocbb-Ted and they were in the first inning of the "if" game when the umps decided it was too hot and walked off. In14u, a Saturday night game rolled over to Sunday morning and that game involved a protest that held up the start of the next game for over an hour. The final losers bracket game was about to start when the umps had walked off the 16u game on the adjacent field. The t/d did the right thing by stopping play, especially considering 2 ambulances were on scene and an ump had gone down and was vomiting during the semi final 14u game and had to be treated by paramedics. Had the Sunday games not run late and been on time, they could have finished the tourney. They have not said whether both teams in 14u will get berths or if the team that went the furthest in the winners bracket will get the final berth (which is per the rules I believe).
coachEd

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch