Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Las Vegas Qualifier - Brackets Posted FINAL

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by BIG DADDY 24 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
just BIG DADDY'S opinion, dont hate !!!!!!!
BIG DADDY 24

by PDad » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Safebyahare wrote:So were do you draw the line on temp.? 115degrees in Vegas is not the same as 100 degrees in TX or 99 in FL.

Heat Index combines temperature and humidity to get an equivalent temperature (see Heat Index Table). The humidity in Las Vegas yesterday was so low, 5-9%, that the actual temperatures (92-115 were higher than they felt (88-106 - see LV Yesterday Hourly).

The Heat Index table is color-coded for the effects:
- Yellow: 80–90 °F | Caution — fatigue is possible with prolonged exposure and activity. Continuing activity could result in heat cramps.

- Light Orange: 90–105 °F | Extreme caution — heat cramps and heat exhaustion are possible. Continuing activity could result in heat stroke.

- Orange: 105–130 °F | Danger — heat cramps and heat exhaustion are likely; heat stroke is probable with continued activity.

- Red: over 130 °F | Extreme danger — heat stroke is imminent.

Where do you think the line should be drawn?

IMO, Light Orange (Extreme caution) is manageable if the games are spread out to give teams a chance to recover in between. Portions of some brackets were okay and other portions were not. It depended on the number of teams and berths.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MoeFoes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:53 pm

PDad wrote:
Safebyahare wrote:So were do you draw the line on temp.? 115degrees in Vegas is not the same as 100 degrees in TX or 99 in FL.

Heat Index combines temperature and humidity to get an equivalent temperature (see Heat Index Table). The humidity in Las Vegas yesterday was so low, 5-9%, that the actual temperatures (92-115 were higher than they felt (88-106 - see LV Yesterday Hourly).

- Yellow: 80–90 °F | Caution — fatigue is possible with prolonged exposure and activity. Continuing activity could result in heat cramps.

- Light Orange: 90–105 °F | Extreme caution — heat cramps and heat exhaustion are possible. Continuing activity could result in heat stroke.

- Orange: 105–130 °F | Danger — heat cramps and heat exhaustion are likely; heat stroke is probable with continued activity.

IMO, Light Orange (Extreme caution) is manageable if the games are spread out to give teams a chance to recover in between. Portions of some brackets were okay and other portions were not. It depended on the number of teams and berths.

I would agree depending on the humidity. Well unless your kid is a Navy Seal like catcherzrule's kid who's been training in locked parked cars in death valley since she was 3 and...... it just so happens that she shares the same DNA as Chuck Norris.....Amazing
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

by PDad » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:46 pm

MoeFoes wrote:
PDad wrote:

I would agree depending on the humidity. ...

Those are Heat Index values which incorporate the humidity. :roll:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:03 pm

PDad wrote:

Professor PDad according to the following chart and calculations, if my math is correct, then if the temp is 98 degrees with a humidity factor of 40,,,then no sb games may be played.
Sir, one more question on my homework,,,,,if it is 98 degrees in Diamond Valley,,,how hot is it in those little green houses?

Red means stop. :geek:
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:36 pm

PDad wrote:
MoeFoes wrote:
PDad wrote:

I would agree depending on the humidity. ...

Those are Heat Index values which incorporate the humidity. :roll:

The moral of the story is that anyone that channels George Carlin is not to be trifled with.

Said before and now repeated...PDad is smarter than me (and the rest of you since I'm smarter than you). :lol:

P.S. ATWT is still the smartest person on his own planet.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:00 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:P.S. ATWT is still the smartest person on his own planet.

Nope, I am not Mormon therefore I don't get my own planet. Now go stand in the sun until I tell you to come in.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by J Fierce » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:07 pm

as the world turns wrote:

Nope, I am not Mormon therefore I don't get my own planet. Now go stand in the sun until I tell you to come in.

:lol:
Nor do you get to be a God. Heck, I can't even manage my own little life, why the heck would anyone even want the responsibility of thier own planet as a God. :?
Stay thirsty, my friends
J Fierce

by as the world turns » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:34 pm

J Fierce wrote:
as the world turns wrote:

:lol:
Nor do you get to be a God. Heck, I can't even manage my own little life, why the heck would anyone even want the responsibility of thier own planet as a God. :?

Exactly! :lol: I am not even a God in my own house, the cat is.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by catcherzrule » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:05 am

One for the Road..."Christy?" :o :o :o :o ...NOPE. Close though.

If we want to start using names on here, why don't you PM me first and we'll go from there. ;)
catcherzrule

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch