Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Las Vegas Qualifier - Brackets Posted FINAL

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by MoeFoes » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:52 pm

PDad wrote:
Luther wrote:If Firecrackers - Young won the "If" game and then started the second championship game then that means they were in the winners bracket when the tournament was ended.

Why was Batbusters awarded the berth?

The championship games span the winners and losers brackets. FC-Young got to the championship games through the losers bracket. The "If" game was OCBB's first loss, so they advanced the farthest in the winners bracket.

If you look at the bracket it shows FC in the winners bracket and BB in the losers bracket. So if the term "Advanced the furthest" is used I believe FC was the winner because they advanced the furthest. It doesn't state "Undefeated, Without a loss, last to lose a game". That's just what I read.
P.S. Championship play is apart of the bracket.
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

by movienut55 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:43 pm

There was a mistake in the winners bracket posting, BB beat FC head to head Sat night when both teams were still undefeated. BB 3-0 FC 2-1 winners bracket record.
movienut55

by PDad » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:15 pm

MoeFoes wrote:
PDad wrote:
Luther wrote:If Firecrackers - Young won the "If" game and then started the second championship game then that means they were in the winners bracket when the tournament was ended.

The championship games span the winners and losers brackets. FC-Young got to the championship games through the losers bracket. The "If" game was OCBB's first loss, so they advanced the farthest in the winners bracket.

If you look at the bracket it shows FC in the winners bracket and BB in the losers bracket. So if the term "Advanced the furthest" is used I believe FC was the winner because they advanced the furthest. It doesn't state "Undefeated, Without a loss, last to lose a game". That's just what I read.

There wouldn't have been an "If" game if FC-Y came into the championship game undefeated. :roll:

Take a look at the brackets again - http://www.eteamz.com/lvevents/files/16U.pdf
- OCBB beat FC-Y 5-1 in winners bracket final (game #11).
- FC-Y beat Cal A's 2-0 in losers bracket final (game #13).
- FC-Y beat OCBB 4-0 in first championship game (#14).

ORDER OF FINISH-SHORTENED TOURNAMENT In the event that a tournament cannot be played to its completion of berth awards the following procedure will be used to break ties between teams in the same bracket positions if 50% or more of the tournament was completed. If less than 50%was completed all berths return to the PGF Advisory Board for distribution.
- Head to head competition. (1-1, so still tied)
- The team that advanced the furthest in the winner’s bracket.

OCBB was the last undefeated team, so they advanced farthest in the winners bracket.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:44 pm

PDad wrote:
MoeFoes wrote:
PDad wrote:

There wouldn't have been an "If" game if FC-Y came into the championship game undefeated. :roll:

Take a look at the brackets again - http://www.eteamz.com/lvevents/files/16U.pdf

ORDER OF FINISH-SHORTENED TOURNAMENT In the event that a tournament cannot be played to its completion of berth awards the following procedure will be used to break ties between teams in the same bracket positions if 50% or more of the tournament was completed. If less than 50%was completed all berths return to the PGF Advisory Board for distribution.

OCBB was the last undefeated team, so they advanced farthest in the winners bracket.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets schooled by PDad! :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MoeFoes » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:37 pm

PDad wrote:
MoeFoes wrote:
PDad wrote:

I'm confused? So the winner of game #14 is not the team that "advanced" the furthest in the winners bracket. I thought the team that was listed on the bottom was in the losers bracket and the team on top was in the winners? So my next question would be how is it determined if more than 50% of the games were played? Tournament Director? Lil' Rebels?
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

by MoeFoes » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:18 am

Spazsdad wrote:Please tell me you are just trying to mess with PDad.......

:lol: :lol:
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

by Luther » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 am

I agree... when the game was stopped... Batbusters were at the bottom which means they were in the losers bracket.

The Firecrackers were in the winners bracket at the end and Batbusters were not because they had just lost.

This means that Firecrackers should have gotten the berth.

Nepotism at its best....
Luther

by SLEEVE » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:31 pm

So since BB's lost and went to the loser's bracket how does that automatically put the FC's who were already in the loser's bracket back in the winner's bracket even though the BB's were in the winner's bracket the longest sending the FC's to the loser's bracket but the BB's lost in the berth game which put them in the loser's bracket where the FC's already were so they had to play the if game which the loser would have definitely been left in the loser's bracket even though the winner of the berth if the game played out would have still been in the loser's bracket but it was too hot so the BB's got the berth from the loser's bracket because they played the longest in the winner's bracket....duuuh!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SLEEVE

by MoeFoes » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Spazsdad wrote:And you are mistaken as it has been shown repeatedly in this thread. Look at the bracket. The last game in the winners bracket was game #11. After that game FC dropped into the loser bracket. How can you argue that coming back into the winners bracket means you were in the winners bracket longer??
Can you tell me who involved in this is related to each other so I can understand your Nepotism angle? :lol:

It doesn't state "longer" it says advanced furthest. If you look at the bracket as a map. 1st game being the starting point. Championship game being the ending point. Who was in the winners bracket at the furthest point of the tournament?
We all know what it is meant to say. But.... that's not what it says. :geek:
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

by MoeFoes » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:02 pm

movienut55 wrote:There was a mistake in the winners bracket posting, BB beat FC head to head Sat night when both teams were still undefeated. BB 3-0 FC 2-1 winners bracket record.

No mistake. The rule is: Won-loss records except among undefeated teams. Since no team was undefeated their actual tournament records were BB 3 wins 1 loss & FC 4 wins 1 loss.
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch