Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Eastern Regionals in VA cancelled?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by AnotherDad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:13 am

I heard the PGF Eastern Regionals in VA are cancelled? Is this correct? Are all ages cancelled?
AnotherDad

by dustyshoes » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:42 am

Yep, I knew the 16's were cancelled (dd's team was planning to play it)for awhile but I just heard the other day that they cancelled it for all age groups and it's no longer listed on the website.

PGF had some regional tourneys around here that were successful when they used existing tourneys that were previously Pony, NSA, etc. qualifiers and just switched the sanction because teams routinely plan to play in them. My suggestion for next year would be to eliminate the qualifiers right away and having 7 regions is probably too many. They could probably consolidate most of the east coast regions into one and if they get the right people running it I'm sure it would be a success.
dustyshoes

by jonriv » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:50 am

dustyshoes wrote:Yep, I knew the 16's were cancelled (dd's team was planning to play it)for awhile but I just heard the other day that they cancelled it for all age groups and it's no longer listed on the website.

PGF had some regional tourneys around here that were successful when they used existing tourneys that were previously Pony, NSA, etc. qualifiers and just switched the sanction because teams routinely plan to play in them. My suggestion for next year would be to eliminate the qualifiers right away and having 7 regions is probably too many. They could probably consolidate most of the east coast regions into one and if they get the right people running it I'm sure it would be a success.

Actually taking over an existing tournament or two might be the way to go. I think the biggest issue PGF has here in the East is that most people do not know who or what they are. Frankly I found out about it here on HB. Far too many around here in the softball world that I had talked to had never heard of it(a shame-I know) With the exception of a couple of Jersey teams and the Newtown rocks org, it has not been on many orgs radar

I don't know if PGF has either not reacheded out, has just relied on local contacts- or did reach out and were ignored- It is just does not have the same cache here :(
jonriv

by Tyler Durden » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:25 am

Please don't EVER use the word cache again on HB. Please. :D
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch