Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

how much more ...

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:16 pm

posting for players in PGF board are we going to allow?

This is quickly becoming as bad as Tryouts.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by UmpSteve » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 pm

I was over it days ago.

But when Numero Uno posted for his team, I suppose it would be inconsistent to shut out anyone else.

I guess this is a case where we just don't open those posts; at least all are clearly titled.
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 pm

I'm a little surprised that AI & anyone else is complaining of coaches offering to give girls an opportunity to compete for a National Championship, to play in front of college coaches (in many cases) especially after all the "it's difficult to find the team that's the right fit" that I've read over the years on this board.

I for one believe these posts are what the heart of this board is about (to some extent) & that is for the girls. How many times have you seen a good or great player on a lousy team? Why shouldn't teams be able to stock up their rosters to a full 18 for depth especially when this late in the season there are injuries & fatigue.

That fortuity can both change a player & a team. It can give a girl an experience she otherwise wouldn't have & may never have, who knows?

I say keep'em coming until the deadline to submit the rosters :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:39 pm

^^LIKE^^
ontheblack

by #32 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:55 pm

exD1dad wrote:I'm a little surprised that AI & anyone else is complaining of coaches offering to give girls an opportunity to compete for a National Championship, to play in front of college coaches (in many cases) especially after all the "it's difficult to find the team that's the right fit" that I've read over the years on this board.

I for one believe these posts are what the heart of this board is about (to some extent) & that is for the girls. How many times have you seen a good or great player on a lousy team? Why shouldn't teams be able to stock up their rosters to a full 18 for depth especially when this late in the season there are injuries & fatigue.

That fortuity can both change a player & a team. It can give a girl an experience she otherwise wouldn't have & may never have, who knows?

Agreed. And AI, don't read these if it annoys you? Much better post than ranking 9&10 year old girl softball players by parents. What exactly is allowed AI? Curious for your insight.

by catherine99 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:56 am

Exactly! Give these girls every opportunity to play what's wrong with that! My daughter's team didn't qualify for pgf so should she's be left out? Why not let her help another team out while showcasing what she can do!! We love all the boards!! :)
catherine99

by jonriv » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:00 am

Because there is a proper place for those posting and fastpitch discussions ain't it
jonriv

by jonriv » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 am

Spazsdad wrote:
jonriv wrote:Because there is a proper place for those posting and fastpitch discussions ain't it

Well it's a good thing they aren't in the Fastpitch Discussion forum then ain't it? :P

ya right ;)
jonriv

by Makina » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:57 am

I think its a great opportunity and also benefits teams that come across the country and are shorthanded.

Two years in a row my daughter has been a pick/up player for PGF and probably would do again this year, if she was not hurt. Last year daughter was asked to play by two highly respected PGF qualified teams, (was not posted) and she had the time of her life!

Had another friends daughter get picked up by an out state team and also had a great experience.

Of course they did not start or get a majority of p/t, but we pretty much knew that going in. So we just used it as a great learning experience and took it for what it is.

A great tournament, in a great location and getting a chance to play top competition! I highly recommend a player from So Cal to take advantage of the opportunity to be a p/up player.
Makina

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 am

exD1dad wrote:I'm a little surprised that AI & anyone else is complaining of coaches offering to give girls an opportunity to compete for a National Championship, to play in front of college coaches (in many cases) especially after all the "it's difficult to find the team that's the right fit" that I've read over the years on this board.

I am all for players finding teams and teams finding players. Also agree that PGF is a great opportunity for an athlete to get a chance to play great ball, and if they need a team, there are definitely teams that need players.

The problem is this place is ostensibly for discussions about PGF. So if now some news breaks about PGF, either it gets posted here and lost in the wave, or they move that news to main forum. If they move those posts to the main forum, then this forum becomes the "PGF team recruiting forum".

If eteamz taught us anything, it taught us that when you let a forum go to team recruiting, that forum will become only about team recruiting. It goes to all bumping and top posting, attention grabbing subject lines etc. Subject: "PGF Insurance change (Read This)" Message: "Lady Larks looking for super stud 16U eligible PGF to shore up our bid to win PGF nationals. "

As spaz has pointed out. Only a few days left, so no big deal. Otherwise, this becomes the PGF team recruiting forum.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch