Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Surf City Delays

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by jonriv » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:33 pm

I also don't agree with the idea of"wah wah wah- no coaches were there we were at the bad fields". Coaches go where they know the players are. Usually by being contacted by players. Going to a showcase to be "discovered" is a fools errand. I think coaches are not going to watch "team x". They are there to watch player(s) x, y and z

Being on a " top" team has obvious advantages, but it is talent they come to watch
jonriv

by BB2830 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Oh, they have earned it, by their level of play, otherwise coaches would not be following them. Name one team that plays on the top fields that is not better than any sucky startup team?
I would not expect you to understand this, being that your only experience is northeast softball.

All of the teams on the best fields could beat "any sucky startup team". So could most teams on the satellite fields. Doesn't mean they aren't a middle of the road team getting field preference over better teams with more recruitable talent. Or again, not even playing at age group. There are a number of 14U teams that I would have no problem having playing up in this showcase. These were not them.
BB2830

by as the world turns » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:32 pm

Jr, it seems you have no freaking clue on how showcases work in the real softball world.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by newbie101 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:44 am

Spazsdad wrote:So you are saying a history of certain programs finishing at the upper levels of their sport year after year is not earning anything. They haven't proven that they deserve to be treated with any respect nor should their teams be rewarded for their efforts. The fact that top performing colleges look to these programs on a consistent basis to feed players to them merits nothing?

I think that your thinking is based on travel ball 3 to 5 years ago. Now with all the start up teams in the bigger Orgs. Alot of these coaches have not proven themselves nor has there players. There are teams that get the breaks even though they have not finished in the top 10 at Nationals & there are even a couple of teams that have only been coaching for 2 or 3 years. Now I am not complaining , just stating the facts. Now what I will complain about is that the powers at be are giving advantages to teams that directly benefit themselves & in some sort of fashion are trying to dictate who gets the first looks at showcases by colleges. Now I know the argument about its up to you to get the colleges to come look at your team.... I do agree, its just BS when teams that have affiliation with SC / PGF get special treatment, just seems like a conflict of interest on their behalf. I sorta feel the same way when the President/TD of PGF walks around in a BB shirt.
newbie101
Premium Member
Premium Member

by newbie101 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:00 am

BB2830 wrote:
Oh, they have earned it, by their level of play, otherwise coaches would not be following them. Name one team that plays on the top fields that is not better than any sucky startup team?
I would not expect you to understand this, being that your only experience is northeast softball.

All of the teams on the best fields could beat "any sucky startup team". So could most teams on the satellite fields. Doesn't mean they aren't a middle of the road team getting field preference over better teams with more recruitable talent. Or again, not even playing at age group. There are a number of 14U teams that I would have no problem having playing up in this showcase. These were not them.

The post is not about calling teams sucky and saying that your BB team can whip on any team that was not at your field. I think you might be the newbie.

The original post was about a guy complaining the his location had no field maintenance and no snack bar, & he was pissed that he paid for that service. I guess he is undeserving of those services cause your team is better then his.

Then his post was jacked & turned into if you do your work colleges will come find you and see you play. Then it turned into Anti trust issues.....

Now to your point that all the teams not at your site suck I can think of a handful of teams that were not at Harvard that could beat any of those 16u teams on any given Sunday. Note the word could.
newbie101
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:52 am

newbie101 wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:So you are saying a history of certain programs finishing at the upper levels of their sport year after year is not earning anything. They haven't proven that they deserve to be treated with any respect nor should their teams be rewarded for their efforts. The fact that top performing colleges look to these programs on a consistent basis to feed players to them merits nothing?

I think that your thinking is based on travel ball 3 to 5 years ago. Now with all the start up teams in the bigger Orgs. Alot of these coaches have not proven themselves nor has there players. There are teams that get the breaks even though they have not finished in the top 10 at Nationals & there are even a couple of teams that have only been coaching for 2 or 3 years. Now I am not complaining , just stating the facts. Now what I will complain about is that the powers at be are giving advantages to teams that directly benefit themselves & in some sort of fashion are trying to dictate who gets the first looks at showcases by colleges. Now I know the argument about its up to you to get the colleges to come look at your team.... I do agree, its just BS when teams that have affiliation with SC / PGF get special treatment, just seems like a conflict of interest on their behalf. I sorta feel the same way when the President/TD of PGF walks around in a BB shirt.

Trust me if SC were not splitting teams in a somewhat reasonable fashion, those teams that have the talent and are not getting the fields would bolt in a second. They would quickly be followed by the college coaches and everyone else.

Are there point instances of inequity, yes. But wholesale mismanagement of who is playing who would only last for a wee or two.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:04 am

newbie101 wrote:
BB2830 wrote:

The post is not about calling teams sucky and saying that your BB team can whip on any team that was not at your field. I think you might be the newbie.

The original post was about a guy complaining the his location had no field maintenance and no snack bar, & he was pissed that he paid for that service. I guess he is undeserving of those services cause your team is better then his.

Then his post was jacked & turned into if you do your work colleges will come find you and see you play. Then it turned into Anti trust issues.....

Now to your point that all the teams not at your site suck I can think of a handful of teams that were not at Harvard that could beat any of those 16u teams on any given Sunday. Note the word could.

It is sort of a whack a mole conversation when you jump back and forth between field maintenance and teams not getting their opportunities.

No one in the mid to upper end of the sport is ever going to care about field maintenance, chalk. One of the exclusive friendlies mentioned recruits more people than any other location. Here is a picture of one of the fields.
My DD was recruited at that field. No chalk, umpire was definitely suspect. Everyone clamors to go to this friendly, and they will continue to do so as all the talent is there.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Ginzunz89 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:22 am

Where are the fans and players on the picture?....I don't see anyone..
Ginzunz89
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:26 am

Ginzunz89 wrote:Where are the fans and players on the picture?....I don't see anyone..

Oh no you didn't. Post of the Year.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Ginzunz89 wrote:Where are the fans and players on the picture?....I don't see anyone..

Oh no you didn't. Post of the Year.

Aside from the bad English, why the post of the year?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch