Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Surf City Delays

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by softball123 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Why would they cash a check and then not approve the team? Doesn't seem right to me.
softball123
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:03 pm

"**Exception #1: If you enter but we cannot fit your team into the tournament you can receive a refund, by check, for the total amount you paid or, upon tournament director approval, you may apply the total amount to another tournament within that calendar year. Note: We now make it a practice to not carryover entry fees from one tourname.nt to another. It creates a record keeping nightmare. However, some special circumstances may apply."
from http://www.surfcitytourneys.com/registration-policies

I think it has been that way for a long time. I suspect what happened was teams in the past had signed up and sent in checks, then something happened to the team and they did not have the funds to cover the amount of the check.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BB2830 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:17 am

Very disappointing. My DD was on visits last week back east and without exception we were asked about our schedule. We were also told by these coaches that they had already planned out their schedule for the weekend. As a team that was on the early "accepted" list I have issue with us only finally getting our schedule this Monday. I understand the problem that came up with Columbia Tustin Park and others but I have trouble understanding how the top tier teams that weren't even on the accepted list found their way onto the Harvard Park field schedule where we are stuck playing well North of there. Again, VERY disappointing!!!
BB2830

by newbie101 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:50 am

BB2830 wrote:Very disappointing. My DD was on visits last week back east and without exception we were asked about our schedule. We were also told by these coaches that they had already planned out their schedule for the weekend. As a team that was on the early "accepted" list I have issue with us only finally getting our schedule this Monday. I understand the problem that came up with Columbia Tustin Park and others but I have trouble understanding how the top tier teams that weren't even on the accepted list found their way onto the Harvard Park field schedule where we are stuck playing well North of there. Again, VERY disappointing!!!

Every team on Harvard Park is tied to Board of Directors of Surf City / PGF with the exception of a few teams. There is nothing fair about it & they do not hide that fact. So your choice is shut up and make the most out of it, or quit supporting them & find other events. I do not think it is going to get any better. Oh and deserve has nothing to do with it.
newbie101
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Your DD's recruiting window is too short to be pissed off about this, look at those teams and try to get on one of them.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by girlerl » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:00 pm

as the world turns wrote:Your DD's recruiting window is too short to be pissed off about this, look at those teams and try to get on one of them.

I really wish there was a LIKE button for this response.
I finally got smart with my second daughter and did this exact thing..
Best move we ever made..
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it." -- Rogers Hornsby, two-time National League MVP and 1926 World Series Champion
girlerl

by BB2830 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:44 am

So what is the team you should be playing for? One of the 5 million FC teams? The whole process is a shame requiring freshman, sophomores and god forbid 8th graders having to make a college decision at such a young age. How can these young ladies be expected to know what they want to study, where they want to go to, what is the right fit for them? The recruiting window is definitely too short, talk to some prior D1 athletes and their experience was not the same as what is expected of our children today.
BB2830

by as the world turns » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:54 am

All this whining....let's really get our DD's ready for today's college experience.

I propose a "softball safe space"
No PGF, no ASA, no recruiters, no negative comments, all positive comments (You are the best one on the team, dear!), no schedules, no score, no fields - play on the beach instead, over the line style, everyone is a pitcher or SS, Dads get to coach - daddy ball all day! Good times!
as the world turns

by PDad » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:03 am

as the world turns wrote:All this whining....let's really get our DD's ready for today's college experience.

I propose playing in a "softball safe zone"
No PGF, no ASA, no recruiters, no negative comments, all positive comments (You are the best one on the team, dear!), no schedules, no score, no fields - play on the beach instead, over the line style, everyone is a pitcher or SS, Dads get to coach - daddy ball all day! Good times!

We could say that sounds like New England, but I won't...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:08 am

PDad wrote:
as the world turns wrote:All this whining....let's really get our DD's ready for today's college experience.

I propose a "softball safe space"

We could say that sounds like New England, but I won't...

Oh stop......but I was thinking along those lines too :lol:
as the world turns

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch