Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Bat Testing at PGF

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by tbjd33 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:28 pm

SeeBallHitBall wrote:
jmo wrote:
SeeBallHitBall wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Those lines are for Coed slowpitch softball. They are not the 200' fence lines
Don;t doubt JMO. He knows of what he speaks.

He may know what he speaks but there were inconsistencies between those fields with temp fences and those with set fences. I marked off Field 8 at FV and it was 240. It was had set dimensions. I marched of 80 large paces from home place down to the left field fence after a player hit a towering drive caught at the base of the fence.

I'm sure Deanna Manning was the standard 200-215 and the majority of temp fences at HB, FV and BB were 200, but any teams that were using a set configuration that was not adjustable was enjoying a large outfield. Thankfully, my DD's team only played on that field during pool/practice games.

Field 8 at FVSP was only used for pool play. Those are used for baseball during the year are not the 200' fences as set on the softball fields used for bracket play - fields 1-7.

Thank you for confirming my obvious findings. Spaz, stick to what you know....and don't doubt the 80 pace march :-)...If you saw three HRs at that field, they were shots by some corn-fed midwest girl

SeeBall you don't have enough time on the board to second gues these guys...

Don't you get it? It's a Jedi mind trick...

Especially Spaz, he's always right. Who are we to second guess. Cause after all the fields are perfect and you really didn't see what you saw. Especially loved the crazy guy in the golf cart ripping through the infield between games causing a dirtnado! LOL
tbjd33

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:55 pm

10GatorCoach wrote:You are wrong. It was clear they were set back from thw normal 200' There are lines in the grass at HBSC at the 200' mark and lines painted in the grass at FV. The fences were 15-20' farther than those lines. We asked a PGF rep and they said yes, the fences are back. I think it is great setting thwm at 215' for an elite event like PGF. It made for even more great OF play among other things. I hope PGF makes this the norm at all events.

I have to tell you...I haven't yet gotten any further than this post in this string, but THANK YOU for the biggest belly laugh I've had in a while!

Admittedly this is likely thru no fault of your own because you have no idea who JMO is (and you are just mistaken about your observations), but still...thank you. :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:04 am

SeeBallHitBall wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Those lines are for Coed slowpitch softball. They are not the 200' fence lines

He may know what he speaks but there were inconsistencies between those fields with temp fences and those with set fences. I marked off Field 8 at FV and it was 240. It was had set dimensions. I marched of 80 large paces from home place down to the left field fence after a player hit a towering drive caught at the base of the fence.

I'm sure Deanna Manning was the standard 200-215 and the majority of temp fences at HB, FV and BB were 200, but any teams that were using a set configuration that was not adjustable was enjoying a large outfield. Thankfully, my DD's team only played on that field during pool/practice games.

:lol: :lol: :lol: The laughs continue!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this the same defective rolling tape measure you used at Harvard Park? :lol: :roll: :lol:

The Sunday night funnies right here! Now to go back to this thread and see if this can get any better! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"They're killin' me, Whitey...They're killin' me!" :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:07 am

tbjd33 wrote:
SeeBallHitBall wrote:
jmo wrote:
SeeBallHitBall wrote:

Field 8 at FVSP was only used for pool play. Those are used for baseball during the year are not the 200' fences as set on the softball fields used for bracket play - fields 1-7.

Thank you for confirming my obvious findings. Spaz, stick to what you know....and don't doubt the 80 pace march :-)...If you saw three HRs at that field, they were shots by some corn-fed midwest girl

Especially Spaz, he's always right. Who are we to second guess. Cause after all the fields are perfect and you really didn't see what you saw. Especially loved the crazy guy in the golf cart ripping through the infield between games causing a dirtnado! LOL

And when 33's "got your back" you know you're lost. :lol:

On a serious note...How did DD's team do at PGF this week, 33?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:22 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
SeeBallHitBall wrote:
jmo wrote:
SeeBallHitBall wrote:

Yea... Sore subject!

Let's just say if I added up all of DD's finishes since first year 12's that number would still be lower than this years.

DD played extremely well, so did take something away from last week. Alot of work to do now she is headed to 18G. Always fun helping set new goals. Just hate how fast it's going!

BTW... The fields are jacked up. People are PC on this tread but man it is pretty bad. Not to mention the smelly bathrooms or crazy $6 burgers. Many out of staters hate it. Just sayin!

Rave reviews from the UTrip National in KC and ASA in GA. Still at end of the day top teams are in PGF.

Hey but atleast they are bat testing now. LOL!!
tbjd33

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:16 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
SeeBallHitBall wrote:
jmo wrote:
SeeBallHitBall wrote:

Yea... Sore subject!

Let's just say if I added up all of DD's finishes since first year 12's that number would still be lower than this years.

DD played extremely well, so did take something away from last week. Alot of work to do now she is headed to 18G. Always fun helping set new goals. Just hate how fast it's going!

BTW... The fields are jacked up. People are PC on this tread but man it is pretty bad. Not to mention the smelly bathrooms or crazy $6 burgers. Many out of staters hate it. Just sayin!

Rave reviews from the UTrip National in KC and ASA in GA. Still at end of the day top teams are in PGF.

Hey but atleast they are bat testing now. LOL!!

Hey you know how it goes...you want to win, but DD's growth is more important so if she's growing and playing well that's what really matters, right?

Where were the smelly bathrooms and bad fields...Harvard Park or FV? I know the second set of fields at FV are not as nice as the first and Fields 7 and 8 (especially 8) are a bit below standard. Is that where you had the issue?

That said, I think JMO and the Gang do a pretty damn good job. Is there room for improvement? Sure. But I think they know that and the results have been mostly good and my guess is that they will continue to get better.

BTW...my DD finally decided on her own to play again and has 4 years of eligibility left (5 year clock started last year). She is excited to play ball again and I'm excited to see how she'll do. She'll be starting from the ground floor at the local JC and working her way up with the intention of being recruited (again) and this time she'll be better prepared to choose.

Best of luck to your DD moving forward, 33. I know we will never agree on how recruiting should go, but life is too short to not agree to disagree and move on.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:19 pm

FPdad05, you sure are "nice" now a days. What the hell happened... :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Battle wrote:FPdad05, you sure are "nice" now a days. What the hell happened... :lol:

I've always been nice! Just don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry... :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:32 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:FPdad05, you sure are "nice" now a days. What the hell happened... :lol:

I've always been nice! Just don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry... :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

LOL...I think it's because you have given up on the Steelers and are now [secretly] a Cowboys fan...hee hee

I just wish you could teach that "being nice" trick to PDad. He never has been able to play nice with others... :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:36 pm

Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

LOL...I think it's because you have given up on the Steelers and are now [secretly] a Cowboys fan...hee hee

I just wish you could teach that "being nice" trick to PDad. He never has been able to play nice with others... :lol:

Give up on the Steelers? Never! :evil:

Good luck with PDad...I'm staying out of that one! :mrgreen:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch