Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Did Arizona St coach blows up

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by NumeroUno » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:44 am

What happened at the Arizona st game last weekend, I heard it got a little ugly after the game
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Trophy Hunter » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Because softball is portrayed through a rose covered lens, it's unlikely anything about this would turn up in the media, or even the college boards for that matter. No one ever seems to want to put anything in print that might taint the image of the game.

The subject of illegal bats in TB pops up on here now and again, and is largely ignored like it's business as usual.

Over on USC, they seldom discuss cheating (home-cooked umpires, illegal bats, IPs, etc) but when they do it's treated as just a part of the game and better left at that.

ASU has won two championships! Don't dig up any dirt on them!
HONOR THE GAME!
Whether it's fair or not. :oops:
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:Because softball is portrayed through a rose covered lens, it's unlikely anything about this would turn up in the media, or even the college boards for that matter. No one ever seems to want to put anything in print that might taint the image of the game.

The subject of illegal bats in TB pops up on here now and again, and is largely ignored like it's business as usual.

Over on USC, they seldom discuss cheating (home-cooked umpires, illegal bats, IPs, etc) but when they do it's treated as just a part of the game and better left at that.

ASU has won two championships! Don't dig up any dirt on them!
HONOR THE GAME!
Whether it's fair or not. :oops:

Great post and a good point.

BTW, FWIW, them bats was old. :lol:
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Wooahhhh » Wed May 02, 2012 2:24 pm

and the ump that missed the interference call was cold.
Wooahhhh

by AlwaysImprove » Thu May 03, 2012 1:17 am

NumeroUno wrote:What happened at the Arizona st game last weekend, I heard it got a little ugly after the game

Talked to someone that was at Saturdays game. UW pitcher, Inglesby HBP an ASU player in the ribs. Sounded like a hard shot. CM called all the umps over had a few minutes conversation with them about it. After that CM chirped towards UW about the HBP being intentional.

UW fan I talked to did not think it was intentional, I think they said there was 1 out, and 2 on, so that loaded up the bases.

At the end of the game, during hand shake, CM appeared to hold onto HT's hand a bit longer than expected and the discussion became pretty animated. UW assistant coach was next and it was even more animated with a little bit of finger pointing and chest contact.

Sunday ASU came out and put 18 up on the struggling UW pitching staff. I guess that is how it ended.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Thu May 03, 2012 3:36 am

AlwaysImprove wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:What happened at the Arizona st game last weekend, I heard it got a little ugly after the game

Talked to someone that was at Saturdays game. UW pitcher, Inglesby HBP an ASU player in the ribs. Sounded like a hard shot. CM called all the umps over had a few minutes conversation with them about it. After that CM chirped towards UW about the HBP being intentional.

UW fan I talked to did not think it was intentional, I think they said there was 1 out, and 2 on, so that loaded up the bases.

At the end of the game, during hand shake, CM appeared to hold onto HT's hand a bit longer than expected and the discussion became pretty animated. UW assistant coach was next and it was even more animated with a little bit of finger pointing and chest contact.

Sunday ASU came out and put 18 up on the struggling UW pitching staff. I guess that is how it ended.

Couple of minor corrections :D
It is JT's hand and actually the 18-1 beating was Friday night.

The action was all on Saturday and I really doubt that Ingelsby was throwing at a batter with a 3-0 lead and 2 runners on base, especially with the way ASU hits. Why would anybody hit a batter and put the winning run up to bat. On UCS, there are claims of some smack talking from UW catcher to batters on ASU about stealing signs. The ironic part is it was a grand slam in the 7th inning that beat UW on Saturday by a score of 6-3. On Sunday, ASU won 5-4.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Softball