Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Your Thoughts on Taking Scholarship Money Away??

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by SoftballKing » Tue May 29, 2012 12:11 pm

I can see both sides of the argument, but I think it makes the coaching staff and school look bad. My daughter is going through the recruiting process now and we are staying away from schools that appear to do that. I can see the argument for the one off case such as a girl that doesn't make her grades, but I have more of a problem with the schools that makes wholesale changes. The school should honor its commitments to these young ladies.

Going in you never know how things will play out, you just have to hope for the best. Most girls are not in the position to demand a four year deal. Coaches say they will increase the award for performance but never say anything about reducing money. I would suggest looking at the websites that show the recruits coming in. I think I saw where Arkansas brought in 9 or 10 freshman this year with 24 on the roster so you know somebody had to lose some money. Then you look at Beth Torina at LSU who used Yvette's players this year and just made it to OKC. The five incomming freshman for next year are also ones Yvette recruited by looking at the robocoach website.

Your best defense is ask the right questions and do your homework to try and find the right fit, but once the coach that recruited you is out all bets are off.
SoftballKing

by jonriv » Tue May 29, 2012 1:36 pm

SoftballKing wrote:I can see both sides of the argument, but I think it makes the coaching staff and school look bad. My daughter is going through the recruiting process now and we are staying away from schools that appear to do that. I can see the argument for the one off case such as a girl that doesn't make her grades, but I have more of a problem with the schools that makes wholesale changes. The school should honor its commitments to these young ladies.

Going in you never know how things will play out, you just have to hope for the best. Most girls are not in the position to demand a four year deal. Coaches say they will increase the award for performance but never say anything about reducing money. I would suggest looking at the websites that show the recruits coming in. I think I saw where Arkansas brought in 9 or 10 freshman this year with 24 on the roster so you know somebody had to lose some money. Then you look at Beth Torina at LSU who used Yvette's players this year and just made it to OKC. The five incomming freshman for next year are also ones Yvette recruited by looking at the robocoach website.

Your best defense is ask the right questions and do your homework to try and find the right fit, but once the coach that recruited you is out all bets are off.

Not sure how you would know which schools do this? Most of the schools, players, and parents are not usually advertising the fact that they had their scholarships reduced- just as it is also not common knowledge what players are cut.

As it stands right now- once signed and at school- the coach has all of the power.
jonriv

Previous

Return to College Softball