Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Is it too late to start playing softball in college?

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by LavenderBirch » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 am

I’ve always wanted to play softball throughout high school but because the sport isn’t very popular in my region I never got the chance to, I’m going into college next fall and I am contemplating finally going and trying out for a team. I have never played in my life but I have been to batting cages with friends, can catch decently and am pretty fast on my feet. Should I tryout for the team when I go to college? Or are there other options and ways for me to learn more first before going in totally inexperienced?
LavenderBirch

by PairOfAces » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:03 am

It's never too late to try something, but don't expect too much, and start preparing NOW, and train hard. Plus, start at the lowest level - junior college, but even then the odds are stacked against you. But if you are fast, many teams can find room for you and allow you to continue to work on your skills.

Good luck.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad2021 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:45 pm

I think it would depend upon your expectations realistic. If you're looking to play at the collegiate level it's not impossible, but would be hard to start. Obviously, athleticism in anything can play a part so someone who's more athletic might be able to learn faster but the positions on teams are hard to earn. Best of luck if you're looking to make that leap!
Always looking to learn more about travel softball teams!
fastpitchdad2021

Return to College Softball