Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by NumeroUno » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 am

We are hoping to cover this event

stay tuned
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by NumeroUno » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Unfortunately we will not be covering this event. There are a lot of younger players that don't even know this event existed until they saw it here. CSUF did not want us to cover the event, they are the first college to turn us down.
premium.html
NumeroUno

by thecloser02 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:42 pm

What a shame I enjoyed reading all of Spazsdad and JMO updates from Cathedral City. Boo to Cal State Fullerton.
thecloser02

by heretostay » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Cal State Fullerton sucks.. You guys are offering to take pictures and cover games and they say no. AMAZING. They closed down the seating area on the hill in the outfield so the place will be a zoo, save your money it is expensive anyway. If they are recruiting your DD run, take my word for it.

Why don't you post the email address of whoever turned you down so we can all email them.
[size=85]Do you mind if I drag these across your chin?[/size]
heretostay
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CatWoman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Uno - Did they give you any sort of explanation? This is really dumb on their part. If you are trying to promote a sport and your program, you don't turn down people who are going to give you free publicity and create interest in your program. They should be sending you free admission and a thank you for publicising their tournament.

CW
CatWoman

by NumeroUno » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:55 pm

They said only for accredited media outlets and news photographers...BS

We just covered the Palm Springs Classic and the Long Beach Invitational, both schools were more than happy to have us there and thanked us for what we did.

viewtopic.php?f=623&t=37324

viewtopic.php?f=623&t=35342

There are 3 links in the Palm Springs Classic forum with about 300 pictures 200 from LB
premium.html
NumeroUno

by regabelli » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:40 pm

I will be at the 3/17 game of ASU vs. ND,and would be happy to share photos with you. I know that is only one game, but might help! Go Irish! :)
regabelli

by NumeroUno » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:19 pm

regabelli wrote:I will be at the 3/17 game of ASU vs. ND,and would be happy to share photos with you. I know that is only one game, but might help! Go Irish! :)

i would love to see your photos but i am boycotting fullerton :evil:

and yes GO IRISH :D
premium.html
NumeroUno

by oldNlazy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:57 am

The game started almost an hour late and the Sooners made sure it would finish early. Oklahoma fans wonder how the team can look so good and on other days fail to perform. DePaul stunk up the tournament last year and if this is typical of their performance it looks like deja vu.
DePaul 0 0 0 1 0=1-3-2
OU 3 6 8 1 x=18-19-1
Ricketts may not be the best pitcher in the country but she sure is fun to watch. She had a chance for the rare 4-strikeout inning in the 1st but lost the last one to a pop-up. Martinez lined out leading off the 1st and it was downhill from there for the Blue Demons. Shults singled to RF moved to 3rd on Ricketts' single to RF and scored whn the RF threw wild. Casey followed with an RBI double and Chamberlain with an RBI single, both hits also going to right. The 2nd started badly with a hit batter an IF hit by Martinez and a sngle by Shults off the shortstop's glove. THe Sooners played station to station with run scoring singles by Ricketts and Casey but Chamberlain hit a grand slam to left to break the pattern. Six runs in with no outs but the next 3 Sooners went out in order.
A change of pitchers didn't deter the Sooners in the 3rd. Henson and Martinez got IF hits and Shults ripped a double off the LF fence for a run. Ricketts followed with a double to right for 2 runs. Two outs later Vandiver singled in another run and Reeves also singled. Sampson was hit by a pitch to load the bases and Norris walked to force in a run. Martinez bounced one up the middle for an RBI and Shults walked to drive in another. The final run of the inning came on a wild pitch. Te DEmons did scratch with a solo HR in the 4th off Gascoigne. OU started the 4th with consecutive singles by Casey, Chamberlain and Verdun and scored the final run of the game on Turang's ground out.
oldNlazy

by oldNlazy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:59 am

BYU 0 0 0 0 0 0 0=0-5-1
ASU 0 0 3 0 0 0 x=3-7-0
Umphiell vs Baca
Other than the 3rd inning BYU played the Sun Devils dead even. But of course this is not gymnastics and you don't get to drop the lowest score. The Cougars were the first to threaten putting runners at 1st and 3rd in the 3rd but couldn't get the key hit. The dangers of walking the #9 hitter were demonstrated in the bottom of the 3rd when Boyd tripled off the wall to bring her in. She then scored on Johnson's single up the middle. A stolen base and wild pitch later she was on 3rd and scored on a sac fly.
BYU had one chance to get back in the game in the 5th, With 2 outs Hudson singled and Dugas and Messerschmidt walked to load the bases. Clayton bounced one up the middle that was headed for center field and 2 runs but Parlich made a great play to cut it off and flip to 2nd.
oldNlazy

Next

Return to College Softball