Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Div III championships

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by jonriv » Sun May 20, 2012 6:47 am

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d3

Great match-up Linfield vs Tufts at 12 et

Hitting vs Pitching

Pitcher and carcher for Tufts are OUTSTANDING(how did the Ivies miss these two?)
jonriv

by jonriv » Mon May 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Pacific Lutheran Div III champs
http://www.ncaa.com/sports/softball/d3

NCAA online coverage was great- great picture quality with several camera angles
jonriv

by catcherdad » Tue May 22, 2012 7:52 am

My daughter went to the Harvard camp a couple of years ago and there were many players who were going off to the Tufts camp when the Harvard camp finished. The Tufts coach has some great connections and is aggressive in recruiting. Sometimes, the players wait too long to take their SAT and ACTs and by that time, the ivy schools have pitchers targeted. The ivy schools agreement to follow the Academic Index and not to buy players does bind a coach who has invested in a top player with slightly lower scores. I do not know where the Tufts pitcher catcher went to high school, but many parents at the Harvard camp said unless you are from California you have little or no chance at Harvard. We know a Tufts player who was very close at an Ivy school and in the end the offer did not come. Congrats to Tufts for their great season!
catcherdad

by jonriv » Tue May 22, 2012 8:11 am

catcherdad wrote:My daughter went to the Harvard camp a couple of years ago and there were many players who were going off to the Tufts camp when the Harvard camp finished. The Tufts coach has some great connections and is aggressive in recruiting. Sometimes, the players wait too long to take their SAT and ACTs and by that time, the ivy schools have pitchers targeted. The ivy schools agreement to follow the Academic Index and not to buy players does bind a coach who has invested in a top player with slightly lower scores. I do not know where the Tufts pitcher catcher went to high school, but many parents at the Harvard camp said unless you are from California you have little or no chance at Harvard. We know a Tufts player who was very close at an Ivy school and in the end the offer did not come. Congrats to Tufts for their great season!

The Tufts catcher and pitcher are both from Connecticut and played for the Eliminators org. My point was that Tufts academic requirements are equal to if not more stringent than many if not all of the Ivies. Coach Milligan has no ability to recruit players that do not meet those criteria. Given the talent level of these players and their obvious talents, I was surprised none of the Ivy schools grabbed them

The Tufts camps are excellent. My DD had attended two of them. Coach Milligan does a great job. I would encourage any player from the Northeast to attend one of them(they hold several) The coach from Williams(coach Milligan's mentor) also hold excellent camps
jonriv

Return to College Softball