Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Scores

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by TheCloser » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:30 pm

She's going to milk that 2010 title for a few more years. UCLA is a great place to get an education and live while in college. They need what USC fans need right now in football, a Paul Hackett type of season where they don't make the tournament to inject new life into that program.
TheCloser

by ontheblack » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm

TheCloser wrote:She's going to milk that 2010 title for a few more years. UCLA is a great place to get an education and live while in college. They need what USC fans need right now in football, a Paul Hackett type of season where they don't make the tournament to inject new life into that program.

You may be right, but I hate to see that. Sucks too for the kids we have watched play in SoCal who have committed to UCLA. I rarely root for a college team anymore. I just enjoy watching the games and seeing these kids that have played with and against each other since rec all stars continue playing against each other in college.
ontheblack

by Kool-Aid » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:02 pm

NEVER has been "automatic" that UCLA got the talent, even when Sue was there. It takes a little more than softball "talent" to get into UCLA....

Do you anyone that has applied lately, ask them?

If you don't (and that is rare) this will help you out a little,

http://www.admissions.ucla.edu/faq/FR_Not_Adm.htm
Kool-Aid

by just4fun » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Trophy Hunter wrote:
TheCloser wrote:Looks like all these early verbals are really creating some parity in the college game. Look at UCLA and Arizona, I'm pretty sure they hand picked most of their girls from the large California pool.

Also the talent pool runs deeper, not only in SoCal but around the country. But your right, the early verbals are changing the parity level, and with the talent spread out, some college coaches are going to have to do a better job actually coaching their players up. Alternatively they will just cut scholarship funding to players and "re-use" those funds for a new batch, making it more of a numbers game, which will increase turnover, transfers, and dropouts. Not a good scenario for players.

You are correct, unfortunately it's not an alternate anymore. It's the norm at big schools. It will continue to get worse until something is done by the NCAA to stop the early verbals.
just4fun

by REALLY! » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:47 am

Ok, so

#1- There is a shit load of talent in SoCal and only so many kids each year (2or3) can be offered to play at UCLA from entire country. So, a Freshman last year earning FIRST team All-American is chump change, and them bringing in the National Gatorade Player of the Year Pitcher, they cant dont get "cream of the crop", I just want to know how hard did you hit your head in the accident.

#2- Since the departure of Langenfeld and Harrison, they "dont have the winning pedigree", wtf is that, these kids are 17-18 yrs old and have been playing TB for elite programs all their lives, describe "winning pedigree", so going 34-1 (or whatever the hell it was) as a HS pitcher in the state of Texas, is not "winning pedigree", and getting TB players from programs like OCBB and CA and TEXAS Impact is not "winning pedigree", wtf do you want a 17yr old with International Experience, you guys crack me up.

#3- Easton Stadium, "what an armpit", jeez you guys really have a clue. So kids would rather go to a multi-million dollar state of the art facility in the middle of no where, where there are red sirens mounted on top of the press box, and the avg temp in months of Nov-March is 30 degrees, go for it cuz thats where I want my kid to go, or maybe even better yet have her up by the great lakes, where the wind blows and wind chill in below zero range, hey but she can hit one out with that 40mph wind

#4- Now if you want your kid walking around campus not knowing when they are going to get jumped by a student/athlete who is packing, send them to the SEC, they love those kind, hey but they win national title's!.

#5- Or you can send your kid to a SEC school and when they dont perform they just go grab a kid right from under a mid-major school, and your replaced, nice moral compass!

So before you start spewing, get a clue!

Nice first post i know :lol:
REALLY!

by TheCloser » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:07 pm

REALLY! wrote:Ok, so

#1- There is a shit load of talent in SoCal and only so many kids each year (2or3) can be offered to play at UCLA from entire country. So, a Freshman last year earning FIRST team All-American is chump change, and them bringing in the National Gatorade Player of the Year Pitcher, they cant dont get "cream of the crop", I just want to know how hard did you hit your head in the accident.

#2- Since the departure of Langenfeld and Harrison, they "dont have the winning pedigree", wtf is that, these kids are 17-18 yrs old and have been playing TB for elite programs all their lives, describe "winning pedigree", so going 34-1 (or whatever the hell it was) as a HS pitcher in the state of Texas, is not "winning pedigree", and getting TB players from programs like OCBB and CA and TEXAS Impact is not "winning pedigree", wtf do you want a 17yr old with International Experience, you guys crack me up.

#3- Easton Stadium, "what an armpit", jeez you guys really have a clue. So kids would rather go to a multi-million dollar state of the art facility in the middle of no where, where there are red sirens mounted on top of the press box, and the avg temp in months of Nov-March is 30 degrees, go for it cuz thats where I want my kid to go, or maybe even better yet have her up by the great lakes, where the wind blows and wind chill in below zero range, hey but she can hit one out with that 40mph wind

#4- Now if you want your kid walking around campus not knowing when they are going to get jumped by a student/athlete who is packing, send them to the SEC, they love those kind, hey but they win national title's!.

#5- Or you can send your kid to a SEC school and when they dont perform they just go grab a kid right from under a mid-major school, and your replaced, nice moral compass!

So before you start spewing, get a clue!

Nice first post i know :lol:

They still aren't developing players at UCLA. With all the accolades you just mentioned they should be #1 in the country. What's wrong? Damn, the powerhouse of Hofstra from good old Long Island is right on their heels.

1 Alabama (21)
2 Oklahoma (10)
3 Arizona State
4 Tennessee
5 Florida
6 Texas
7 Oregon
8 Missouri
9 California
10 LSU
11 Texas A&M
12 South Florida
13 Georgia
14 Michigan
15 Louisiana-Lafayette
16 Arizona
17 Louisville
18 Washington
19 UCLA
20 Hawaii
21 Hofstra
22 Stanford
23 North Carolina
24 Kentucky
25 Florida State

Easton Stadium, can't argue with that place. It's off of Sunset in the middle of a bunch of homes I can't afford.
TheCloser

by ontheblack » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Hofstra's Galati would easily handle UCLA.
ontheblack

by TheCloser » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Really, no I mean "Really", UC-LA really flexed those muscles against Wright State in that 1-0 battle and McNeese State in that epic 5-4 this past weekend.
TheCloser

by ontheblack » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:48 pm

If you could only watch one of these games this weekend, which game would you choose:
Oklahoma vs ND
Oklahoma vs Washington
ontheblack

by NatRx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:49 pm

TheCloser wrote:Really, no I mean "Really", UC-LA really flexed those muscles against Wright State in that 1-0 battle and McNeese State in that epic 5-4 this past weekend.

#19 UCLA over #20 Hawaii: 11-1 in five
NatRx

Previous

Return to College Softball