Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Texas v Houston Baptist

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by 3'sDad » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:17 pm

I beleive the Buckets own Donnie S's DD's may be playing today v the Longhorns.

If correct, lets which the team with the highest GPA in college softball luck in whooping those 'Horns!

BK
3'sDad

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Go Houston Baptist!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm taping it, and hope HBU can do better than U of H who got beat 15-0 by the Horns on Saturday.

Gotta say, Texas has some serious speed this year. Any sloppiness on defense is gonna get exploited big time. Real test will be whether their pitching can hold up in the Big 12.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm

And it ends 5-0. Both Donnie's kids contributed and Lauren had two good AB's. Like I said, speed kills and any sloppy defense is going to get exposed. Thought the second HBU pitcher was a lot stronger than the first - surprised at the choice of starting pitcher.

Donnie - don't know if you get the Longhorn Network down in CC, but if not, maybe you can get a dvd from them - lots of talk about both yours and some nice shots of each. You should be really proud...
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 am

hit4power wrote:And it ends 5-0. Both Donnie's kids contributed and Lauren had two good AB's. Like I said, speed kills and any sloppy defense is going to get exposed. Thought the second HBU pitcher was a lot stronger than the first - surprised at the choice of starting pitcher.

Donnie - don't know if you get the Longhorn Network down in CC, but if not, maybe you can get a dvd from them - lots of talk about both yours and some nice shots of each. You should be really proud...

Thanks guys - we drove up from CC with my folks - bunch of family , including their bro all met at a bbq - sports bar - and apparently made some noise there. DD2 was disappointed about her plate appearances - but said "I know what I did - I got it - I will fix it" . I watched Lauren struggle when she first faced a stronger team - some 4 years ago - until she "got it", but DD2 will probably over work herself in the cages for the next 4 days, since she let her team, her school, her city, her state, her nation, the world, etc..... down in this game (lol). Needed a hug after the game, she got em and a couple more - coach said 'don't worry about her, dad, her teammates will have her laughing in a few miles." Been there, done that like most of you more than a few times. Happy to see them on the field wearing a uniform there are proud of. And DD1 has done well on that field before - it was an awesome night.

Going to try to see if I can buy a copy of that game from the Longhorn network. Thanks again.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3'sDad » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:16 am

Donnie: If you're lucky enough to get a repaly for the LHN, can you plost the hi-ties on Youtube or another venue.

LHN is not readily available in NJ.

Thanks,
Bruce
3'sDad

by DonnieS » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:37 am

My wife just found the high lights (from the UT perspective) - yikes - it would have been great to get those copied and use them for focused practice. No way any parent would ever do that once their kid is in college (make practice suggestions to a college coach) , but if this was travel - that highlight tape would be perfect for what to work on before the next game. Thanks UT.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Softball