Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Univ of Arizona Softball??

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by NumeroUno » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:52 pm

With Oklahoma 37-2 on the year and Arizona 27-17 Pendly is probably pretty happy with her decision to head to Okla. Oklahoma pretty much looks like the team to beat this year and I don't see any team in the nation with a line up as strong as the Sooners.

Pendly is Hitting 374 with 43 RBI's and 13 Homeruns.

Arizona might have cried when she left and Oklahoma might have cried when she showed up to school :)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by ontheblack » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:28 am

PDad wrote:
ontheblack wrote:If your kid had verbaled to Arizona, but isnt signed, would you encourage her to rethink this?

Age-old question - would you rather play on a mediocre team or sit on a contender? Some people will view it as an opportunity to play. Others may have trouble finding a better opportunity at this point.

According to D1 Verbal List on UCS:
2013 (signed): Mo Mercado, Michelle Floyd, Katyiana Mauga, Eva Watson, Lauren Johnson
2014: Patricia Parks
2015: Alyssa Palomino, Tamara Statman, Hillary Edior, Justin Garganese
2016: Malia Martinez, Emma Bordenkecher

Well, I see at least two Pac 12 teams (UCLA, UofA) with coaching changes in the not so distant future. IMO those electing to play at UCLA did so because of the school while those who verballed to UofA probably more so because of the coach.
ontheblack

by dodgerblue » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:14 am

In my opinion I see 2 problems not only with U of A and UCLA but a few others as well.

1. Some of the pitchers were recruited really young and were dominant from 40' and when the mound got pushed back were no longer as dominant as they once were.
2. Because some of these pitchers were recruited really young they were drawn to the Elite 18G teams (to be honest some don't teach you anything) not all but some and some just sat the bench and never really got to work on their game.

My DD is in college now and some players show up and be who you thought them to be and some unknown girls show up and adjust to college ball really well and succeed. You just never know who will show up in college. As for coaching issues sure that may play a role but these girls have been playing softball for most of their life and know how to play the game.
dodgerblue

by fastpitchforever » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 pm

ontheblack wrote:If your kid had verbaled to Arizona, but isnt signed, would you encourage her to rethink this?

Please let me know if your kid backs out, my kid would love to go!
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by thecloser02 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 pm

fastpitchforever wrote:

You say that now but it isn't all what it is made up to be. Very close to the border, lots of crime, worn out head coach, starting players leaving and starting players wanting to leave. That program is on a down hill spiral and will hit rock bottom soon unless fresh blood( new head coach) is brought in.
thecloser02

by ontheblack » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:18 pm

thecloser02 wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:

You say that now but it isn't all what it is made up to be. Very close to the border, lots of crime, worn out head coach, starting players leaving and starting players wanting to leave. That program is on a down hill spiral and will hit rock bottom soon unless fresh blood( new head coach) is brought in.

She doesnt like Tucson.
ontheblack

by fastpitchforever » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Have you been to Midland?
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:17 pm

fastpitchforever wrote:Have you been to Midland?

No kidding. Indio looks glamorous when you have been to Midland.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:28 pm

Had family in Midland. Cousin used to work in the oil fields.
ontheblack

by as the world turns » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 pm

I think Tucson is hell on earth. If you are good enough to play at UofA you are certainly good enough to play and go to other top schools. With the program in decline, what would be the attraction?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

PreviousNext

Return to College Softball