Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Seton Hall University Softball Coach Article

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by 3'sDad » Sun May 19, 2013 11:27 am

Seton Hall University is a private Catholic University located in South Orange, NJ, just west of Newark. Many here may remember the run the Men's basketball team make some time ago in the NCAA Tourney. DD & I attended a game at the school earlier this year when The Hall hosted Notre Dame, with DD getting to see Laura Winter pitch in person. I'm not a Seton Hall alum (Rutgers) & have no inside information other than the article below published on Page 1 (below the fold) of the Sports Section in this morning's Star- Ledger (very widely read daily in New Jersey). I can't imagine the Diocese of Newark, which holds administrative control over this Catholic institution of higher learning, is particularly happy to be in the papers today with this airing of dirty laundry. Hopefully the administration delves into the accusations and does a thorough review. The surprise isn't t that this type thing occurred, but that the story made it to the main- stream media very quickly.

http://www.nj.com/setonhall/index.ssf/2 ... cart_river
3'sDad

by ontheblack » Sun May 19, 2013 4:25 pm

From one of the comments:

For all that sports can teach kids, sports culture in this country is depraved on so many levels.
ontheblack

by DonnieS » Sun May 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Read the whole article and then pull up and read the comments - some of the comments appear to be from players and former players.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CatWoman » Sun May 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Had not read the comments until Donnie pointed out they were there (thank you!). It reads like a Heybucket classic. I was under the impression that once the girls went off to college, the parents were pretty much out of the picture. Is it like this lots of places?
CatWoman

by Sftbll4ever » Mon May 20, 2013 5:31 am

CatWoman wrote:Had not read the comments until Donnie pointed out they were there (thank you!). It reads like a Heybucket classic. I was under the impression that once the girls went off to college, the parents were pretty much out of the picture. Is it like this lots of places?

Parents are out of the equation until everything the kid does is not working. I know I would support and aide my 18yo kid if she tried everything and nothing worked.

Believe it or not, this is happening more than people know. Why??? Because no body wants to talk about it. Because, they are supposed to suck it up and live with it. Sometimes, you have to teach your kids, there is a limit and a line that can be crossed.
Sftbll4ever

by as the world turns » Mon May 20, 2013 12:25 pm

CatWoman wrote:Had not read the comments until Donnie pointed out they were there (thank you!). It reads like a Heybucket classic. I was under the impression that once the girls went off to college, the parents were pretty much out of the picture. Is it like this lots of places?

Parents do show up to games more than I thought. And they grumble quite a bit because after all those years of travel ball, they too have graduated to college and have become bona-fide softball experts. But talking to coaches is big time taboo, hence the grumbling.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

Return to College Softball