Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Texas Tech Players Coming and Going

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by 93players » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:58 pm

Texas Tech has 16 new players and a roster of 28? Does Coach has have 2 coaching staffs to give these players enough reps? Lost a freshman catcher to LaLafayette, a junior powerhitter, Williams does not seem to be on the roster. A pitcher transferred out. I have seen TTech pass on many great players or wait until A&M picks them up. Maybe they will have a travel team and a practice squad? Seems hard to put together a cohesive group with such a large class. There are many excellent players in Texas wanting to go to Tech, but why would they join a 28 person team.
93players

by PDad » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:22 am

Where did you see 28 players? The current fall roster shows 22 players with 9 incoming frosh and 1 junior transfer - http://www.texastech.com/sports/w-softb ... l-mtt.html. If they had 28 earlier, it looks like they cut 6 of them before the fall games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut some more of the freshmen before the end of 2013.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 93players » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:38 pm

I listened to the video and one of the players talks about the new incoming class. I should have counted the incoming class. They must have cut a serious number of players. We knew one who in an interview with the local paper had a full scholarship and she is not there. There also could be some academic issues they cannot talk about.
93players

Return to College Softball