Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Transfers

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by jonriv » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 am

I have noticed several players that have transferred between schools(and Divisions)

In the pas three years my DD's team has had two Div I transfers and a D II transfer. I am also aware of a DIII - DII transfer and my DD faced a pitcher from her travel org last year in Florida that transfered from DII - DIII

Has this become more common? Has anyone else noticed this?
jonriv

by jonriv » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:50 am

Certainly various reasons for the transfers. I guess what surprised me is that I had thought transferring and playing was not easy(I guess I was wrong) The frequency was much more than I had imagined. was just curious if others were seeing the same?
jonriv

by Fredegar » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:20 pm

I agree with you that the frequency is higher than we would imagine. But that doesn't mean it's easy. Every year, there could be hundreds of college softball players that consider transferring, or maybe start the process, but either it doesn't work or they don't follow through. It probably works for a small % of them. And except in rare cases, most probably are not getting the same scholarship that they were receiving at the original school.

On the one hand, I do agree it's surprising how many kids transfer. But on the other hand, there are a LOT of reasons kids could be unhappy where they are (playing time, homesick, college workload, time commitment, coaching conflicts, teammate conflicts, etc.). Lots of issues that drive kids to consider transferring every year.
Fredegar

Return to College Softball