Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Texas A&M SB Question

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by 93players » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:17 pm

Aggie fans, can you tell me why the coach has 3 sub 200 batters getting 200 AB together while they keep some serious speed and power on the bench? The teams that go far, have fast slappers in the lineup. I know that A&M wants to hit HRs every at bat, but there is a batter on the bench that outhit two of Texas' top hitters in select ball, including gold nationals. If you are not a HR hitter, don't go to A&M expecting to play, because it simply will not happen. Good enough to get into playoffs but not balanced enough to get to world series.
93players

by Battle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:36 pm

93players wrote:Aggie fans, can you tell me why the coach has 3 sub 200 batters getting 200 AB together while they keep some serious speed and power on the bench? The teams that go far, have fast slappers in the lineup. I know that A&M wants to hit HRs every at bat, but there is a batter on the bench that outhit two of Texas' top hitters in select ball, including gold nationals. If you are not a HR hitter, don't go to A&M expecting to play, because it simply will not happen. Good enough to get into playoffs but not balanced enough to get to world series.

Coaches tend to look at what a player CAN do instead of what they have done. I'm not saying they won't be pulled if they continue to fail but the leash seems to be longer. That's not just in college. If you want to play in games make damn sure you win practice.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:58 am

Someone you know on the bench :?
jonriv

Return to College Softball