Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Pac 12 Network Commentators

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by CheckWriter » Sat May 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Did anybody else watch ASU vs UCLA? Some former TB team mates for us there.

Is it just me or is the legend in her own mind:

Ann Schatz Has Game.

A true pioneer in sports broadcasting, Ann’s storied career has taken her to the top of her profession in the U.S. and around the globe.

With her unique blend of wisdom, insight, humor and heart, Ann connects with audiences around the country. She effortlessly combines stories and insights from her own playbook with those of the countless famous and unsung heroes who have inspired her along the way.

UNBELIEVABLY annoying?

I lost count how many times she contradicted herself in consecutive sentences.

At least the Pac-12 season is over, hopefully she won't be doing any post season. Mute button will get a workout if she does!
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sun May 11, 2014 3:19 pm

CheckWriter wrote:Did anybody else watch ASU vs UCLA? Some former TB team mates for us there.

Is it just me or is the legend in her own mind:

Ann Schatz Has Game.

A true pioneer in sports broadcasting, Ann’s storied career has taken her to the top of her profession in the U.S. and around the globe.

With her unique blend of wisdom, insight, humor and heart, Ann connects with audiences around the country. She effortlessly combines stories and insights from her own playbook with those of the countless famous and unsung heroes who have inspired her along the way.

UNBELIEVABLY annoying?

I lost count how many times she contradicted herself in consecutive sentences.

At least the Pac-12 season is over, hopefully she won't be doing any post season. Mute button will get a workout if she does!

I haven't found a college softball braodcasting crew yet that wasn't a complete bore fest. None of them take any chances. Every broadcast comes across like a politically correct PSA. :roll:

Yawn...
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fasterpitch92701 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:46 pm

The PAC12 network has issues;

- if someone makes an error the camera focuses on that player for 15 seconds of closeup to get all the gruesome drama.

- the announcers refuse to call a bad call as a bad call. "That was close" is the usual CYA comment that really says the blue blew it but we don't want to offend anyone so we will just say it's close.

- the hype focuses on players that are likely...to win in the last two innings. Nauseating hyperbole on players that don't deserve it. Pandering. The announcers are attempting to make themselves look good and, often, they stumble over themselves switching verbal alliances to suit the unforeseen outcome in quick scoring swings.

- everyone gets to second guess. Fine. Just don't make a career out of it.

- stupid questions: "what do you need to do to win". The CORRECT answer is: "score more than the other team at the end of the game". If the announcers haven't figured that out they shouldn't be in the booth. If that is as creative a question as they can ask, just pass.

The only shining light commentary, recently, what when Arizona was playing/pitching and the announcers said..." that was called a ball but I can't figure out where it missed" It didn't miss. Blue chumped out. Maybe that was as close as the announcers could say that the blue was a incompetent clown with no concept of the strike zone.

As noted by another poster, mute works. The inane dribble adds no value and is boring. But other than that...
fasterpitch92701

Return to College Softball