Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

After College

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by fasterpitch92701 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:30 pm

PDad... you are, of course, correct. MCAT, GRE, a host of one-on-one interviews, letters of recommendation, documentation, partridge in a pear tree. But it all worked out. Don't know how...but it did.
fasterpitch92701

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Awesome! A great accomplishment that I'm sure you and the family were a big part!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fasterpitch92701 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:56 pm

From 8U to... well... now in the process of completing all the grad housing details for Stanford Med starting in August. Watta ride... I ran into this picture reminding me of a bunch of things that as a parent I should cherish. MVP her senior year as well as team captain, .398 lifetime college batting average and....oh let's see, really jerking the chain of the evil empire coach in her last game against Williams: "she must have left early to steal home...she's not a rocket!" Then again, maybe... she is....

Study hard, ladies. It's worth it.
Attachments
10264130_810364922357065_6907134593774169649_o.jpg
fasterpitch92701

by jonriv » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:14 am

It will be 2 years(next month) since my daughter's graduation. She started right away with a major financial corporation in the Providence, RI area. Had her own apartment downtown and quickly and established a great professional and social network. Within 6 months she was promoted and was transferred to the company's Dallas, TX office where she is doing great. Obviously Mom and Dad are very proud!

The confidence, competitiveness, and sense of teamwork she learned and developed on the softball field have been key. She has found she has dominated and surpassed non-athletic colleagues. Skills learned in preparation and effort translate very well in a business setting.

Since moving to Texas my daughter has been visited by 9 of her former teammates, two of them were there on business(showing how softball helped them in the workforce!) She and her teammates still follow the current team by watching the streaming videos online. These are friendships for life.

I cannot emphasize enough how much softball has helped my daughter in life and has been instrumental in her success. It has made her strong, confident, and willing to face any challenge thrown at her.
jonriv

by PairOfAces » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 am

jonriv wrote:It will be 2 years(next month) since my daughter's graduation. She started right away with a major financial corporation in the Providence, RI area. Had her own apartment downtown and quickly and established a great professional and social network. Within 6 months she was promoted and was transferred to the company's Dallas, TX office where she is doing great. Obviously Mom and Dad are very proud!

The confidence, competitiveness, and sense of teamwork she learned and developed on the softball field have been key. She has found she has dominated and surpassed non-athletic colleagues. Skills learned in preparation and effort translate very well in a business setting.

Since moving to Texas my daughter has been visited by 9 of her former teammates, two of them were there on business(showing how softball helped them in the workforce!) She and her teammates still follow the current team by watching the streaming videos online. These are friendships for life.

I cannot emphasize enough how much softball has helped my daughter in life and has been instrumental in her success. It has made her strong, confident, and willing to face any challenge thrown at her.

Good stuff! Congrats to you, but mostly to her!
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Thank you to everyone for sharing. I really enjoy reading these stories.
Hurricane

by jonriv » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 am

Coming on three years since graduation and now find my daughter now located in Boston following promotion number three. The nice thing about Boston, besides being closer to her parents :D , is that she gets to see her former teammates more often. It is amazing how tight knit a group they are. They had an event they organized that brought players spanning over 8 seasons. I strongly believe that the experience my daughter had in playing softball have been key to her success in the "real"world. The ability to perform under pressure and scrutiny, along with how to be part of a team continue to help her. Nice thing about being in Boston she will also get a chance to watch her team in person too!
jonriv

Previous

Return to College Softball