Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Gluv Athletique

AMERICA

Revolutionary fastpitch uniforms, gear and apparel

by NumeroUno » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:20 pm

America

by Jonathan Oe

My Grandmother was born in a Pineapple field in Kauai, under the open sky, in 1905. My Grandfather traveled three weeks over the Pacific Ocean. Although he died before I met him, I have seen his old tattered passport, showing the stamp when he passed through the Port of San Francisco in 1870. They came from Japan, seeking the American Dream; to work hard, be judged on your accomplishments, to worship or not worship according to your own beliefs, and to prosper based upon your talent, your choices, and your determination. That was the America they risked everything for.

In the 1940’s, my Mother was just like any other American teenage girl - crazy about Frank Sinatra, the latest black and white movies at the theater, going to high school football games, and everything else held dear in small town America. My father lived in Long Beach, his father a commercial fisherman who took long boat trips down the coast to South America, one of many men who caught the fish and brought them back to the cannery in San Pedro, California. He eventually saved enough money to open his own Vegetable stand in a local market.

World War II was a dark cloud that hung over the country. Then came Pearl Harbor. My father was in fist fights everyday with angry school mates. People fired guns into my mother’s house, and eventually set it on fire while they were asleep. They lost everything they owned when they were sent to the relocation camps in the California and Arizona desserts. But my family understood and shared the pain of every American who lost the lives of their Sons, Brothers, Fathers and Friends in the terrible wars. And they knew that, at that time, America needed them to understand and be able to absorb the unspeakable pain and suffering of others who needed to release their rage and sorrow.

Towards the end of the war, they were released from camp and allowed to move East. My Mother and Father both ended up in Chicago, working in factories. People treated them very kindly, and they were able to regenerate their spirit and move forward. They eventually moved back to California. I believe in the American spirit that all our families risked everything for to get here. I believe in the ultimate sacrifice that Americans died for, alone on distant battlefields, so that the world would not fall into darkness.

In my own way, I am trying to realize the Dream of my Parents and Grand Parents, to fulfill their American Spirit in every way they could have imagined. To design and build products here in America and share that experience with our Customers. To prove to others that America can, and should, be self sufficient again. This is my American Dream.

Jonathan Oe is the creator and CEO of TheGluv Athletique, Girls Softball Apparel line. TheGluv Design and Production Studio is located in Orange County, California. Jonathan has appeared on television for his Uniform work for the Los Angeles Lakers and is a former vice president of Gilda Marx Bodywear, a world leader in the women’s body wear industry in the 1980’s and 1990’s.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by LADAWG44 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:39 am

Great post!!!
LADAWG44

Return to The Gluv Athletique