Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

The Gluv Athletique

Awful Ad

Revolutionary fastpitch uniforms, gear and apparel

by Safebyahare » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:05 pm

I can not believe that I just spent over 2 hours looking for any picture of my daughters butt in Gluv pants.
I wanted her to join the contest. She had a Gluv uniform and it looked sharp. great fit. Just no butt shots with pocket logo.

I am truly amazed that a pocket shot freaks out some people.
What next, remove the K pose from pitchers. :lol:
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Safebyahare wrote:I can not believe that I just spent over 2 hours looking for any picture of my daughters butt in Gluv pants.
I wanted her to join the contest. She had a Gluv uniform and it looked sharp. great fit. Just no butt shots with pocket logo.

Like a jet plane over your head!!
tbjd33

by Safebyahare » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:24 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
Safebyahare wrote:I can not believe that I just spent over 2 hours looking for any picture of my daughters butt in Gluv pants.

No kidding tbid33, What am I missing on this post.
How is being a lean mean athletic machine, that plays the game sexual?
Crap I have had it all wrong, my dd has it all wrong.
So let us all bash the ones who are physically fit. The ones who worked their butts off to play the game.
To be physically fit in this game and to be in a ready stance is wrong. What ever!
I see softball players.
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Safebyahare » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 pm

I am poor, I am in dept. ,,,,,,understood.
This has pissed me off. (could be the 4 glasses of wine with dw at dinner and movie)
I will pay $100. to any one who can produce a picture or photo of the Gluv logo on the rear pocket of a pair of softball pants in an athletic position that does not offend someone.
I will contact the Gluv apparel tomorrow and ask, I am sure my dd would like a $100.. (that's her money)
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:17 pm

Safebyahare wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:

No kidding tbid33, What am I missing on this post.
How is being a lean mean athletic machine, that plays the game sexual?
Crap I have had it all wrong, my dd has it all wrong.
So let us all bash the ones who are physically fit. The ones who worked their butts off to play the game.
To be physically fit in this game and to be in a ready stance is wrong. What ever!
I see softball players.

You truly have no clue... This has absolutely nothing to do with body type, body shape, work ethic or softball ability.

It's simply about a photo of a softball apparel company and a softball website choosing to place a photo for advertising purposes containing a young women (assuming she is under 18) in a non softball/suggestive pose with a suggestive caption.

Oh I don't know. I guess I have a standard foreign to you all. Maybe it's OK to exploit a young lady. Who cares about what on TV, who cares about what is on other forums of media.

So we stand here and say, well because they did it we can. Is that your level of expectation? Sure isn't mine!
tbjd33

by Tyler Durden » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:50 am

tbjd33 wrote:You truly have no clue... This has absolutely nothing to do with body type, body shape, work ethic or softball ability.

It's simply about a photo of a softball apparel company and a softball website choosing to place a photo for advertising purposes containing a young women (assuming she is under 18) in a non softball/suggestive pose with a suggestive caption.

Oh I don't know. I guess I have a standard foreign to you all. Maybe it's OK to exploit a young lady. Who cares about what on TV, who cares about what is on other forums of media.

So we stand here and say, well because they did it we can. Is that your level of expectation? Sure isn't mine!

TeaBag. You are extremely un-self aware. When you insinuate that you love your daughter more than another father loves his daughter, or that you raised your daughter with higher morals than another man's daughter, you lose any credibility that you so desperately want. Do you think any of the other guys posting on this thread love their kid less than you love yours, or want their kid to be disrespected by an ad? The answer is No.
Anyhoo, I personally believe that Gluv knew exactly what they were doing when they made that ad. Sex sells, and to a very large extent, the 'sexual connotation' contained in an ad is often in the mind of the beholder. That isn't Gluv's fault. Being a frantic dad doesn't alter that reality. Censoring ads that have body parts in them is moronic. IMO, if you have raised your kid successfully, then she is a confident, independent, strong person who isn't concerned with a Gluv-butt ad, and would find this thread amusing and lame.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Duude » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:12 am

I did notice the add when I logged in. I thought hmm. nothing SEXUAL. but I did notice it. then came across this thread. interesting.....
Duude

by Pale Rider » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:41 am

tbjd33 wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:Nothing wrong with the ad...watch MTV 30 seconds...

MTV is still Around... Guess I've grown up!

Yep...and your kids watch it
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:34 am

I'm shocked Puravida, tjbd are complaining about an Ad that is so tame it makes me think of the old "when you point your finger at someone don't forget you have 3 more pointing back at you" line. You're the ones with the problem & single-mindedness of sex. Try a 12 step group :D

My DD doesn't watch MTV she prefers Documentaries, HBO (where she turns her eyes away & holds her ears when the sex scenes come on) , 30 rock, archer etc. In todays age of blatant sexuality (compared to only 20 yrs ago) TV (network or cable) as well as advertising I find it hilarious that you guys think it's "sexual in content" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:You truly have no clue... This has absolutely nothing to do with body type, body shape, work ethic or softball ability.

TeaBag. You are extremely un-self aware. When you insinuate that you love your daughter more than another father loves his daughter, or that you raised your daughter with higher morals than another man's daughter, you lose any credibility that you so desperately want. Do you think any of the other guys posting on this thread love their kid less than you love yours, or want their kid to be disrespected by an ad? The answer is No.
Anyhoo, I personally believe that Gluv knew exactly what they were doing when they made that ad. Sex sells, and to a very large extent, the 'sexual connotation' contained in an ad is often in the mind of the beholder. That isn't Gluv's fault. Being a frantic dad doesn't alter that reality. Censoring ads that have body parts in them is moronic. IMO, if you have raised your kid successfully, then she is a confident, independent, strong person who isn't concerned with a Gluv-butt ad, and would find this thread amusing and lame.

Relax TD... No one is laying it on the table.

The point is pretty simple here. One side, asking the question why use a questionable image. So many other ways Gluv can promote their uni's. My DD loves them and most DD's love them. Go to any park any weekend and Gluv is doing just fine as far as I can see.

The Darkside says it's perfectly fine to post any advertisement. Cause afterall the Bucket has to pay bills or its all over TV or that's the way it is today or etc...

I could care less of others opinion and I will state mine. In fact I do believe raising a daughter to repsect herself and holding myself to that is a better standard than those posting. There is no price tag placed on teaching timeless values of self respect and class.

Oh and ExD1 the childish one finger and three crap is sick in the head. I guess this theory would apply to yourself using your thought process. Whatever...
tbjd33

PreviousNext

Return to The Gluv Athletique