Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Recruiting after COVID-19 and the class of 2021.

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by gnth8rs » Tue May 05, 2020 8:56 am

My daughter has been told now by two different college coaches that because of the NCAA allowing an extra year of eligibility to spring sport athletes, most colleges will not need to recruit from the class of 2021. How true do you think this is? Remember 2021 is the first class with the new recruiting rules so they had to wait until September to talk to college coaches. Any advice?
gnth8rs
Premium Member
Premium Member

by usaathleticsralph » Wed May 06, 2020 12:38 pm

Have not heard of this. All we have heard is to stay in contact with the coaches, send video, etc. If that is the case, where are the 2021's going to go? JUCO! or gap year!.
usaathleticsralph
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PairOfAces » Thu May 07, 2020 5:39 am

Spazsdad wrote:I would imagine the percentage of “seniors” returning is going to be fairly low across all schools. Sure we hear about high profile players or top 10 schools but just as with recruiting they are not the norm.

All seven of Alabama's seniors are returning. I'm guessing they are not Pre-Med, Pre-Law, or Pre-anything. And I'm guessing many Power 5 conference teams will have similar numbers.

I'm hoping my DD's 4.0+ GPA and very high ACT score will get her a chance to play. She has been told by one school they are no longer recruiting 2021 athletes.
PairOfAces
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu May 07, 2020 8:24 am

A local sports radio station in the NY are "WFAN-The Fan" has a show Sunday Mornings with a former college baseball coach. He was talking this past Sunday about the "new" recruiting process and he had some of his former players that were in the recruiting process with their kids. The all had similar stories of "several" schools not recruiting because of the extended eligibility and how it will effect recruiting over the nest few years. They also mentioned that the eligibility was up to each school's discretion and that some were not offering anything to those players- they mentioned Wisconsin.
jonriv

Return to College Recruiting