Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Getting College Coaches to Come to Showcase/Tournaments

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by jonriv » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:28 am

As most of us are aware-just going to showcases and hoping to be "discovered" is not a prudent plan.

My DD and I have had success with emailing coaches schedules/game times and have to have them attend-with mixed success. Does anyone have any methods that have had success?
jonriv

by jth1959 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 pm

I gather from some of your other posts you are in CT and your DD plays 16U. From our experience (TNT, Newtown Rock, New Englands Finest, Devens, Tradition) you will greatly improve your "mixed success" by playing in the 18U division in those showcases. At those showcases there were far more coaches watching the 18U games than the 16U games. I always hear the 16U teams complaining about the lack of coaches while we had numerous coaches watching our games.

Are you targeting programs that your DD has a realistic chance of playing?
jth1959

by teamdoc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 pm

You can always come to Ohio for the Laser Nation By Invitation held the second week of June. There were several coaches from MAC, Big 10, Horizon league. Hopefully more this year. If anyone is interested please PM me.
teamdoc

by jonriv » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:09 am

Played in Devens, pennsbury, tradition and Rising Stars- although she played 16u, she had excellent turnout from coaches(she e-mailed) those who did not get coaches did not e-mail or contact coaches at all

At this point my DD has several prospects-she is looking to finalize in the next few weeks.

I have heard the same thing regarding playing 18u
jonriv

by jonriv » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:12 am

One of the things we have encouraged is to have all players contact many coaches- it has been my experience that too many players have too narrow and unrealistic a list.
jonriv

Return to College Recruiting