Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

How accurate are your college profiles supposed to be?

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by Going yard » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:29 pm

I am new to 18 showcase world and I was wondering how accurate you have to be on the team player profiles. I was looking at the Cal rage 18 gold team website and they claim that half the players are on their HS varsity team, yet I know that they are on JV. To make matters even more interesting, they claim varsity starting positions, 2nd team all league, offensive and defensive player of the year league awards, 1st team all CIF so on and on - from players that are on JV! They even claim newspaper player of the week awards. Is this what you are suppose to do?
Going yard

by Nzane » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Going yard wrote:I am new to 18 showcase world and I was wondering how accurate you have to be on the team player profiles. I was looking at the Cal rage 18 gold team website and they claim that half the players are on their HS varsity team, yet I know that they are on JV. To make matters even more interesting, they claim varsity starting positions, 2nd team all league, offensive and defensive player of the year league awards, 1st team all CIF so on and on - from players that are on JV! They even claim newspaper player of the week awards. Is this what you are suppose to do?

Really??? How do you know they are on JV?? Teammates??????? Figures....post #2
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by CrushersDad » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:15 pm

I still haven't figured out why people need to come on a forum and bash other people and teams...

Oh well, to each his own.
CrushersDad

by BenAround » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:46 pm

CrushersDad wrote:I still haven't figured out why people need to come on a forum and bash other people and teams...

Oh well, to each his own.

Bash ?? what about calling it "exposing liars and cheats" ?

What about, Xavier Alvarez, if I call him out would that be a bash too?
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by BenAround » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Going yard wrote:I am new to 18 showcase world and I was wondering how accurate you have to be on the team player profiles. I was looking at the Cal rage 18 gold team website and they claim that half the players are on their HS varsity team, yet I know that they are on JV. To make matters even more interesting, they claim varsity starting positions, 2nd team all league, offensive and defensive player of the year league awards, 1st team all CIF so on and on - from players that are on JV! They even claim newspaper player of the week awards. Is this what you are suppose to do?

Dont worry going.... Most of the posters here have marginal DD's that are basically also-rans. They dont understand the frustration of having someone "steal" something that you actually worked hard for yourself. I say rat-em-out... post links to the false claims and also to the HS info.

name names...................
I think, that I shall try to do the utmost to be new today
BenAround

by Nzane » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:48 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
BenAround wrote:

Dont worry going.... Most of the posters here have marginal DD's that are basically also-rans. They dont understand the frustration of having someone "steal" something that you actually worked hard for yourself. I say rat-em-out... post links to the false claims and also to the HS info.

Once again Bennie stakes his claim to the Asshat award

:D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :o :o :o
Go.....
Angels,
Raiders,
Lakers,
Trojans!
Nzane

by CheckWriter » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 pm

I dunno, we are/were always very anal about the content.

Team websites sometimes just takes a while to get updated (many college web sites take until November, December, even January to update rosters, etc). That might be an explanation for V vs JV? Have had coaches put in running times that would have qualified my older DD for the olympics in track & field so you don't really have control over that.

We have our own profile that gets emailed to coaches that is accurate to 3 significant figures, at least. Just doesn't look good when the unofficial transcript you send doesn't match up with what you've been telling them all along.

On second thought, who cares, just make it up as you go.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Dropn N » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
BenAround wrote:

Once again Bennie stakes his claim to the Asshat award

Or the 8===D award. Cant he just disappear!
Dropn N

by Fifteen's » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:16 am

Another candid shot of Mr. Benjamin!
Attachments
Benaround.jpg
Benaround.jpg (46.46 KiB) Viewed 6171 times
Fifteen's

Next

Return to College Recruiting