Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

D3 Play/Talent

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by Skarp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Sam wrote:Ivy League is D1.

When I say D3, I'm referring to the Ivies too. Based on the distinctions you've made in this thread (no athletic money, weaker teams, etc.), I assume that you would group them together for analytical purposes as well.(?)
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sam » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Skarp wrote:
Sam wrote:Ivy League is D1.

When I say D3, I'm referring to the Ivies too. Based on the distinctions you've made in this thread (no athletic money, weaker teams, etc.), I assume that you would group them together for analytical purposes as well.(?)

I actually excluded Ivy teams from my analysis becuase they do come up with hefty needs grants.
Run your mouth when I'm not around
Its easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
- Pantera, Walk
Sam
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:05 am

DIII Teams have needs grants too. Perhaps there might be some geographical issues at paly as well. The Northeast has a lot of Div III schools and many of them are exceptional academic schools as well. Many of the strong Div III schools are in the northeast as well. Many of the players on Div III teams could play on Div I teams and many were recruited by Div I teams, but chose a stronger academic school or chose to be a student first in the student/athlete equation.

Schools also make the choice Div I vs Div III based on many factors---one of those factors is to make education the major focus

For 99% of the young ladies who play college ball- that will be it. There is really no viable professional option and limited coaching opportunities(with little in the way of compensation) but an excellent education at a top school can open endless opportunities
jonriv

Previous

Return to College Recruiting