Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

College scholorships

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by dodgerblue » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:42 pm

For those in the know what kind of offer can you expect from a college for the following?
1. Pitcher: %
2. Catcher: %
3. Middle infield: %
4. Corners: %
5. Outfield: %
In the past I always hear the person verballed here or there but nobody ever says what percent is covered in that offer. So my question is that percentage 25%, 50%, 75% or rarely 100%.
dodgerblue

by anonlooker » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:59 pm

If you inquire to schools about the availability of scholorships, you probably won't get many replies. Jus sayin'
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by dodgerblue » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:09 pm

What I'm getting at is a few teamates in the past that verballed never talk about what kind of offer they recieved maybe cause it's minor or whatever the reason. I'm not trying to contact colleges and ask them "hey what are you offering" I just want to get a feel of people who know to respond like "my DD verballed and they covered 40% room and board etc" I dont need to know who your kid is or what school that's not the question.
dodgerblue

by Igivefreedom » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:21 pm

:mrgreen: THE PROBLEM IS, OUR DAUGHTERS ARE ON THE WRONG SPORT!!!! :idea:
http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/18/top-ea ... ialreports
Igivefreedom

by Gone in 2.6 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:26 pm

dodgerblue wrote:For those in the know what kind of offer can you expect from a college for the following?
In the past I always hear the person verballed here or there but nobody ever says what percent is covered in that offer. So my question is that percentage 25%, 50%, 75% or rarely 100%.

Depends on that player, the needs of the school, how badly they want/need said player and how early in the process of filling that class they discover her (in other words how much money they have left).
"And as I watch you disappear into the ground
My one mistake was that I never let you down"
Gone in 2.6

by dodgerblue » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Tell me about it, I think with all the money I spent on traveling, due's, gas, family sacrifices I think that i could of just saved that money and paid for the damn tuition myself.
dodgerblue

by dodgerblue » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:58 pm

You see nobody talks about it.
dodgerblue

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:01 pm

dodgerblue wrote:For those in the know what kind of offer can you expect from a college for the following?

I find it interesting that no one is really answer the question posed. So here is my 2 cents.

Each individual player is dependent on her own talent level. A game changing centerfielder with crazy speed may command more than a starting catcher. Each school is different in how they spend their money. Some schools spread it around. Some spend all of their 12 scholarships on 12 players with full rides and fill the rest of their rosters with walk-ons. But that said, my experience is at full-funded Div. I programs in Texas an expected freshman starter will get:

Pitchers - more than everyone else (60-100 percent)
Catchers - more than most (50-80 percent)
Middle Infield - shortstops just behind catchers (50-80 percent)
Everyone else with slapper/speedsters ahead of the pack

Again, just my 2 cents but I'ld like to know what others think especially in other parts of the country.
TXfastpitchsoftball

by dodgerblue » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Pitchers - more than everyone else (60-100 percent)
Catchers - more than most (50-80 percent)
Middle Infield - shortstops just behind catchers (50-80 percent)
Everyone else with slapper/speedsters ahead of the pack

Thanks TX, I think everyone is scared to talk about it which I think is ridiculous. Help each other out I mean anything you get is better than nothing.
dodgerblue

by PlayingfortheOCB » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:29 pm

It all depends on the school's needs and the individual player. For the most part, it's pitchers, catchers and shortstops that demand the most money, however, Power hitting corners can and do get full rides as well.
PlayingfortheOCB

Next

Return to College Recruiting