Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Help on recruiting rules when DD's dad is the head coach

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by UnsportyMom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:26 am

Our team of 2013's is finally started getting some looks at the college exposure tournaments. DD's dad is the head coach.

Will college coaches be able to express interest in DD in any way to her coach/dad, or do the contact rules prohibit them from mentioning her, even though he is also her travel coach?

This has to be a pretty common situation - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
UnsportyMom

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:03 am

Have them talk to an assistant coach when it comes to your dd.
Sftbll4ever

by Lefty's Dad » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 am

It may help to make the offer of an assistant coach talk to them but not necessary. As long as the Dad/Coach talks about his DD as the player and not as his daughter he'll be fine. I got some sound advice on that same question last year and it worked great for me. He does have to be careful as to not oversell his own DD though. Find out what the college coach is looking for, if your DD plays the position they mention then tell it like it is. Make sure the college coach is aware that she is the DD but always talk about her as "susie the left fielder". It does happen all the time and college coaches know how to handle it while staying withing the rules.
My daughter is perfect, she knows everything. Just ask her.
Lefty's Dad

by rbi » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 am

Without starting a whole new thread, can someone tell me if college players have to adhere to the same NCAA regulations as coachs when it comes to communicating with recruits? Like phone calls, texts,emails etc...
rbi
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SoftballSoccerDad » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:58 am

rbi wrote:Without starting a whole new thread, can someone tell me if college players have to adhere to the same NCAA regulations as coachs when it comes to communicating with recruits? Like phone calls, texts,emails etc...

No.
SoftballSoccerDad

Return to College Recruiting