Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

How Big Is Your DDs List

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by jonriv » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:18 pm

I guess I'm not so sure about this whole "best behavior" thing . Think they should be themselves. If that's not a good fit with the coach/team/school maybe it would be good to know before DD gets there. If DD or mom & dad have to try that hard to "behave", it will be pretty tough once DD arrives on campus.

By best behavior- you want make sure that the player or the parents don't ruin things with one moment of letting their guard down. First impressions only happen once. The fact is, college coaches do not need or want attitude. Players or parents. Several coaches told me, "if the don't treat their parents with respect, how will they act with me?" several coaches also said that they like to see their prospects have some failures while they are watching- gives them an idea how the player will handle some adversity.

This past summer I saw a player get called out on a third strike(It was right down the middle) yelled out "what!" and made a huge gesture with her hands. A coach who was watching was observed to cross off something on a piece of paper and walk to another game-

The key is to act professional, dress professional, be professional
jonriv

Previous

Return to College Recruiting