Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Best recruiting Website/service

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by softballforever » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:43 pm

You definitely have to be careful when looking at recrutmen websites. You have some really large recruitment sites that are only interested in getting money and represent many different sports. The reality is that many athletes do not play at the next level because they sat back and waited for the college coaches to come to them. As a paret and as an athlete you have to play an active role in yur recruitment procss. This means getting your name out to as many coaches as you can.

As for recruitment sites, they provide a platform for the athletes to be seen and although the site alone will not get you recruited, the right site will get you the exposure to HELP you get recruited that you will not get if you are not a member of the a site. One of the best recruitment sites is Scoutforyou.com. They do not do any other sport but softball so the players are given more attention. It is not owned by a large corporation like most of the recruitment sites that you see. They really focus on the athlete and not the money. It is incredibly afforable. I think it is only 19.99/month. No hidden fees. It is one of the simpliest recruitment sites I have seen.

It's important if your serious about playing in college that you start early and keep at it. Hope this helps some of you!!!
softballforever

by sftblldud » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Randy11 wrote:There is alot more to it than what you think you know. But thats ok, you can have your own opinion on something that you know nothing about, that being my business. And as far as the "On Deck"
service that you promote, what do you get for $100....and the homework you did you got prices...I guess that deserves an atta-boy! But what do you actually know about them, you need to let everyone know that, you know, what your paying for for what you get...I am really curious
for you to tell them how Christway works and what I do and how college coaches interact with me...let all that read this know since you know so much. You are talking like nobody needs this kind of help but you bring up one, On Deck, why is that? I've never heard of them....sounds a
little hypocritical...

On Deck is on the Main page of Hey Bucket that you are on right now!!!
hey rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my pants
sftblldud

by Randy11 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:23 am

I guess because On Deck has an add on Heybucket that makes them the premier recruiting tool.
They charge players $100 and college coaches $300....wow...none of the college coaches I deal with do this....But on the other hand for those that are using On Deck and it is working for them
I say continue to do so because any exposure you get is good exposure...
Randy11

by watchtonsofsoftball » Fri May 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Softball showcase is about 50 bucks every 6 months If I remember correctly, its been awhile. Its a nice website and you can add a link to your college letters. Some coaches may check it out. Remember these coaches dont get to see a lot "game time" as they are looking at a lot of players. I say any site that isnt to expensive (on deck, softballshowcase) is worth it , however it helps. So you cant afford 8 bucks a month? Really? We spend thousands for our DD's to play but were worried about getting NOTHING for our money by spending 8 bucks a month on a site that allows you to record ALL of your achievements, etc. No really, it sounds VEEEEEEEEERRRRY logical to me. If a coach can click on a single link and bring up every last bit of info on you (providing your dd is keeping up with it) I cant see how that isnt worth the small fee. Just my pennies worth.
watchtonsofsoftball

by CheckWriter » Sun May 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Allisters are quality people and they have a quality product. Just ask college coaches.

$100 one time - not that much in the grand scheme of things. I have pictures of the grandstands at the main field from last year's Zoom into June showcase and the whole top 25 was there.

You will also see the Allisters at showcases all over the state with notebooks and radar guns. They truly scout kids and they may be putting in good words for kids even if those kids are not signed up for their service. When older DD was invited, we didn't have a clue who they were or what an opportunity being in one of their showcases was. We went and are glad we did.

Anyway, if you think it is just a cash grab and kick back for NU, you can avoid them.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by SportsForce » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:06 am

The most important role a college recruiting service can play is helping to connect children with the right school for their aspiration. In today's world, it is so easy to be overcome with the amount of choices we have. Picking a service is very similar in this respect because there are so many. When you pick a service make sure your child can get evaluated, and that the company has a good personal foundation. Talk to the people who will be in charge of your child's recruitment and see what the process will offer. Look at the company's mission statement, recruiting guides, and see if there are visual indicators that the recruiting company is one you should investigate. Not everyone can afford services, like NCSA, so it's important that you research your recruiting service. Treat finding a service like finding a job. There isn't really a best service. It all comes down to how you as a parent handle the experience. So get out there and look at your options. If you have any questions or want advice about the recruiting process email us. Team@sportsforceonline.com
SportsForce

by catcherdad » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:40 pm

I will outline our experience coming from a Texas program that has many D1 recruits and has gone to ASA gold and national tournaments. Our program's success was mostly in the Big 12 conference and schools in Texas. We did not have any recruits going to the NE. My DD wanted to go to play in a D1 school in the NE so we looked at different options. We did softball showcase and even though it said schools were looking at our profile, we received no inquiries from this paid posting. We first paid Cathi Aradi, the author of the Softball Recruiting book, for 30 minutes of advice. She looked at some letters and postcards for us and talked specifics about certain NE schools. We thought, isnt it strange for a Texas player to hire a California based recruiter to attract interest from NE schools. Well, since so many NE schools look to California players, it actually worked out perfectly. What convinced me was the history that she has with these programs. She has valuable recruiting information about so many schools and regions. We hired her on the lower cost program (800ish) and my DD received several offers to verbally commit. I knew it was working when we were at Ronald McD last year and an acquiantance who was coaching at a school in Illinois yelled out to me, I see your kid is one of Aradi's players.

I agree every player and family's situation is different. There are good options all around the country. I am just relating what worked for us. NOTE: Now that a dozen NE coaches have talked to our head coach he is clearly developing the kind of relationship that a program needs to enter a new area of the country.
catcherdad

by #1fann » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 am

First and foremost, you need to have your daughter playing for a reputable organization. If that`s not possible, then you may need to utilize one of these services. These girls must contact college coaches and their recruiters. There`s a small percentage that have talent way above and beyond the norm that are going to be "found" regardless. Be persistent in a respectful way. This sport is not for shrinking violets. I`ve heard very good things about Ondeck & the Allisters, but i`ve personally witnessed coach`s daughters going to their "invite only" camps who really have no business on a softball field. Try your best to get with an organization that gets the preferred fields and tournament seedings, then let your DD`s play do the talking. If a college scout/coach doesn`t know who your daughter is, there`s a good chance she may not be good enough to play at the next level.
#1fann

by mikescsl » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:14 am

What about NCSA?
mikescsl

by jonriv » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:27 am

mikescsl wrote:What about NCSA?

I thought they were expensive and was not quite sure the added value they brought? Anybody have any experience with them?
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to College Recruiting