Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Best recruiting Website/service

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 pm

We just got started with NCSA.

My brother in law just engineered a ride to Iowa for his daughter in basketball and he highly recommended NCSA which is why we swallowed hard and paid for the service. NCSA is very organized and offers alot of extra services like helping you evaluate offers from colleges, which I hope to use sometime in the next 3 years :D

NCSA will help keep you on task, however like all things in life, the legwork is up to you (unless you are a Democrat). My daughters profile just went live 2 days ago and she has had looks on her profile from 28 schools already, which suprised me.

I'm not sure what that all means, but it gives us control over her recruiting process, which is what I was looking for. Experience has taught me that softball folk tend to be full of sh :!: t, so I don't want to rely on a coach to find my girl a spot. Coaches seem to have a limited number of schools they hook up with anyway and I didn't want my DD's option to be Armadillo State because the coach there and our coach are buddies.
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by ManitouDan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:51 am

how much is NCSA ?
ManitouDan

by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:27 pm

More than $100 or $8/mo :o
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by mikescsl » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:28 am

They put up a bit of a high pressure sales pitch by multiple people so I am sure they are quite a bit more than the $100 or $10.00/month that berecruited, softballshowcase and ondeck charge. The thing about ondeck is that they are real people that have relationships with coaches and actually attend major showcases.
mikescsl

by jonriv » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 am

I thought the Min package was more like $750?
jonriv

by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:12 pm

I think it was
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by bmxbaby » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Im a newbie to this whole process. How do the recruiting services get their profile updates like player stats and what not? Is it the parent or the coach? My kid has played for teams that held on to player stats for dear life! In my world its about the whole not the part. Im a little confused how to pull this together.
bmxbaby

by mikescsl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:36 am

The parent and/or player must supply the stats. I wouldn't count on a TB coach for much of anything like that.
mikescsl

by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:33 pm

I make friends with the team stats geek, you know the one who not only keeps a scorebook, but has a pocket full of colored markers for God knows what. I've never had a problem getting them to send me a copy of the stats spreadsheet by asking nicely.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by mikescsl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:38 pm

I started using Cathi Aradi and the Collegiate Softball Connection. Very well organized, a great communicator and connected. She's probably better with mid to lower level D1's, all D2, D3 and NAIA. Most of the colleges fall into these categories and that's where most of the girls will be going. I'm convinced that you have to have high level connections or just be an absolute freak to get noticed and signed by a upper level D1 program.
mikescsl

PreviousNext

Return to College Recruiting