Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

The Time College Softball Takes

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by jonriv » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:12 am

Looking for current and past college players/parents to give us all some insight of what the time requirements of being a college softball player are?

Div I teams can play around 80 games per year- depending how deep they go into the post season. Even Div III teams can have more than 40-50 games- the practices, the workouts etc...

I am sure that most HS parents/players really do not know the what it really takes. Would love to hear from those with the experience. All levels Div I, II, and III

Thanks
jonriv

by CheckWriter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:29 pm

DI - 5 hours per day 6 days per week.
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 90066DAD » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:20 pm

The whole year?
90066DAD

by brewtusplease » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:53 am

Our D1 - Fall is different. More individual work outs with defense, offense and weights. 5 days minimum a week. Probably 3 to 4 hours a day. Team practices before/during the 8 game fall scrimmages. After that, back to individual work through the winter. She came home for the winter break and worked out 5 days a week.

Spring - 6 days a week. Team workouts 3 hours. Then individual hitting/defense on top of that. 5 hours/day is a good number.
brewtusplease

by Joe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:17 am

CheckWriter wrote:DI - 5 hours per day 6 days per week.

No thanks...
Joe

by whatever » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 am

Well the five hours a day makes sense when you are getting paid to play ball and therefore it is your job. When I was in college, I went to school from 8:30 am - 11:30 am, then worked in an office downtown from noon - 5pm every day (with an hour commute each way) to help pay my way through school - so 7 hours of my day was work related.

Obviously, what IS different is these girls IN ADDITION are going away virtually every weekend come early winter/spring and playing games during the weeknights. I don't know how they do it and be successful students. They certainly have my admiration.
whatever

by Blind Squirrel » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 pm

CheckWriter wrote:DI - 5 hours per day 6 days per week.

When I was in college, I spent more time than that between time in the weight room, running and playing pickup basketball. The compensation? Fun.

Lard Ass Squirrel (with a vertical of about 1.5 inches :oops: )
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Are there certain fields that students can't major in if they play softball? What are some of them. Are DII and DIII more lenient when it comes to this?
I read the DI posts here but what about DII and DIII when it comes to how much time they spend on softball and how much is allowed for school?
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by jonriv » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:37 pm

At most Div III schools- academics come first- so all majors tend to be OK. My DD is a Finance major- they were just told to try to make it so they did not have classes interfering with practice time-
jonriv

by NoNothin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Battle wrote:Are there certain fields that students can't major in if they play softball? What are some of them. Are DII and DIII more lenient when it comes to this?
I read the DI posts here but what about DII and DIII when it comes to how much time they spend on softball and how much is allowed for school?

Dental Hygiene is one that requires too much time to play with all of the clinical time etc required.
Respect All Fear None!!!!
NoNothin

Next

Return to College Recruiting