Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

NFCA Pennsbury Academic Recruiting Camp

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by PDad » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Interested in hearing what people KNOW about this NFCA camp "for those with exemplary academic records" (http://www.nfca.org/pagebank/?id=1711). Minimum academic qualifications are:
SAT - 1750 minimum score (on all three parts combined)
ACT - 26 minimum score (using your composite score)
PSAT - 175 minimum score
GPA - 3.5 or higher

What are the chances of getting into this camp without being in the tournament?

How hard is it to get a team into the Pennsbury Invitational?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:05 am

Best individual showcase in the Northeast-hands down. Very well run. Regular individual is huge and well attended. Academic attracts some excellent schools- Ivies etc...
jonriv

by Daddylawman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:15 am

I believe the tournament filled up long ago. The deadline was 12/1/10. If someone wants to play they do provide a list of pick up players for the entered teams.

http://www.pennsburyinvitational.com/pickupplayers.htm
Daddylawman

by 90066DAD » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:32 pm

A player may register for the academic camp without being on a team that is entered in the tournament.
90066DAD

by B-Dad » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Old thread here, but was looking for camps.

This one looks like a good one for my 2016 DD (pitcher) who is starting to get more active now in the recruiting process. Looking for anyone with recent experiences/comments/recommendations on this camp.
B-Dad

by 3'sDad » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:30 am

B-Dad: My 2015 pitcher DD did the Academic Camp this past June for pitching and the regular recruiting camp the following day as she is also an outfielder. At the Academic Camp you can only showcase your skills for one position. In hindsight, she was kicking herself, since at the Academic Camp she saw only ONE outfielder in the graduation year showcasing skills (they wear shirts by YOG color so the coaches know what class each player is in.

prior to the Camp, DD compiled a list of schools she would attend academically and compared it to the list of attending coaches. She next emailed each coach attending the camp letting them know she would be at the Academic Camp for pitching, the Regular Recruiting Camp for outfield and her teams schedule in the tournament.

Since she was only a sophomore, she shereally couldnt get much feedback from the DI's coaches, but received lot s of feedback from the D III's - what she did correctly, what they would like to see her improve upon and when they would come or saw her pitch/play. The experience for her was really a good one.

As a rising junior, DD is waiting for September to roll around to see if there is any interest in her from the Academic Di's she contacted who saw her at the camp.

The Academic camp was well worth the time invested.

They do check gardes/scores - I had to send an official transcript from school to NFCA prior to final admissions. This camp opens so many doors for the player who is a good student.

Best of Luck.
3'sDad

by joemcq51 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:24 am

My DD is a 2017 and participated in the regular recruitment camp this past June. It was a great experience and well run camp. There were plenty of college coaches in attendance. Another girl on our team did the academic camp. She is a 2015 grad. She has gotten several responses of coaches who watched her and are interested.
joemcq51

by jonriv » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:31 pm

From what I understand is that the academic camp is a favorite of coaches from institutions with very hard academic entrance requirements- makes it must more efficient for them and prevents them from wasting their(and the recruits time) Also sends the message to these schools that you are serious about them.
jonriv

by exD1dad » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:37 pm

Nice call Jonriv I noticed they just put the 34th Annual Tourney dates 6/13-15 so the High Academic camp will be the Wednesday before.

Here's the link http://www.pennsburyinvitational.com/

NFCA registration hasn't opened yet. I'll be there with my DD :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:47 am

Several years back my DD attended the reguallr camp(scheduling conflict with the academic) but her team was not in the tournament. The regular camp was the best organized I saw with very large number of coaches there(all East Coast) My daughter got several good looks from coaches that were there. The camp was VERY well run.

Her HS co-captain attended the academic camp. Her Dad though it was very good and referred to it as "intimate" Almost as many coaches as players. The coach that recruited her was there.

Pretty easy to get to(adjacent to Bucks county, PA) Just accross the river from Trenton, NJ. parking lot was literally in a cornfield :D

I understand the tournament portion is hard to get into and it has a reputationfor having the "regulars" getting the key fields. I would HIGHLY recommend either camps
jonriv

Next

Return to College Recruiting