Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

NFCA Pennsbury Academic Recruiting Camp

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by PDad » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:34 am

exD1dad wrote:I noticed they just put the 34th Annual Tourney dates 6/13-15 so the High Academic camp will be the Wednesday before.

Unfortunately, the scheduling of both their NFCA camps usually conflicts with both our final exam days. Seems like that time frame would be an issue for a lot of kids.

I noticed TCS had All Academic Games in CO and they're doing them again in 2014. Does anyone have any feedback on them? The required GPA or ACT score is higher, but applicants only have to meet one of the criterion and being top 15% isn't difficult at a lot of schools.

We will continue our All Academic Games in 2014. Players who registered for an All-Star game before April 1, had the opportunity to apply for an All Academic game. In order to apply the student-athlete had to meet one of the following criteria: 3.8 cumulative, 28 or above on ACT or class rank was in top 15%. This year we have 3 All Academic games scheduled.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:54 am

2014 information is out for all those who qualify & have interest in attending not just a good school but a Great school.

https://nfca.org/index.php/recruiting-c ... -pennsbury

Check out the link that shows the coaches that attend, impressive to say the least!
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:58 am

Both versions of the Pennsbury camps(Regular and Academic) are very well run and well attened by coaches (DI,DII, & DIII) from up and down the East Coast.

They should be a "must" attend for anyone in the recruiting process in the Northeast
jonriv

by exD1dad » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:38 pm

NFCA has opened the Camp Application for this event

DD want's to take an unofficial visit to both Princeton & Penn while we're in the neighborhood :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Daddylawman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:29 am

exD1dad wrote:NFCA has opened the Camp Application for this event

DD want's to take an unofficial visit to both Princeton & Penn while we're in the neighborhood :D

just a heads up, Penn usually does a 2 day camp right after Pennsbury. If you have the time it's an easy train ride to NYC and you can see Columbia too.
Daddylawman

by jonriv » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:41 am

I would also suggest other visits while in the area:

Lehigh & Lafayette (not to far from Pennsbury) both are very good Patriot league schools

Villanova- not too far from Penn
jonriv

by exD1dad » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:26 am

I went to HS in suburban Philadelphia & competed in the old ECAC (eastern collegiate athletic conf) so I know the area & the schools well & DD's God Father lives only 20 min from the fields :)

DD is a '15 & attends a "Ivy Mill" school here in SoCal where besides having the #1 baseball & water polo teams in the Country (& 25 other sports teams), also has over 20%+ matriculation rate to Ivies. She has her 4 schools where she believes she can play at & wants all of them there to see her at once, been emailing all 4 who have also shown interest back based upon all the usual criteria(HS Stats, TB teams, PGF stats, OnDeck camp invite etc). Her HS team has sent 1 player a year to IL in the last 2 years & has another who graduates this year. Her Dean (public school equivalent of a guidance counselor) assures us her current scores meet the Academic Index & admissions dept knows the school well as every Ivy gets both grads & most get student athletes every year. So she's at the the sniper stage opposed to the shotgun & also feels it doesn't matter which of the 4 schools she'll end up at as she believes she'll be happy at any of them. That's come from me as I've been on over 60 campus's around the country & with the video age a prospective student can get an idea of the campus which we never had. She has her #1 so we'll see what happens.

What really catches my eye about the entire Pennsbury scene (2 camps) is the small number of players & large number of schools. When I look at say.... Zoom into June which is no doubt a blockbuster coach loaded showcase her in SoCal it's drawback is it has a ton of teams, spread out & a kid really has to be on a coaches radar all ready to even get seen, unless of course they are on that big name, high profile team playing on the right fields where the coaches are. Then again, IMO most SoCal kids aren't pursuing the East Coast schools (I have no idea why other than distance) but gladly accept any offer from any school anywhere which suddenly becomes their "dream school" when discovered here in Cali, or Colorado.
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:36 am

Ex D1- you will even more impressed with the Pennsbury experience in person. The coach -player ratio at the academic camp is sensational. Matching top students with top academic schools works well for all those involved.

So I geuess the next question- Pat's or Genos's??
jonriv

by 3'sDad » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:02 pm

JR: It's always Geno's.

exDI: since you'll be in the neighborhood, try the Chambersburg section of Trenton, NJ for Italian.....very, very good and close by. Is your DD @ HW in LA?

I just registered DD for both camps earlier today. She did both last year. The Academic Camp is unreal with a limited number of players and lots of coaches watching very move.
3'sDad

by exD1dad » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Hey DaddyLawman DD doesn't want to live in the Big Apple but your DD's team is running a close 2nd :)

JR when it comes to the Cheesesteaks I can enjoy both but for some reason eat Pats more often & 90066 has another he likes better than both! Now the pizza steaks & Hoagies will keep us happy too

3's Dad you are correct! I guess I should wear my Bucket shirt for easy ID :D Did your DD get picked up to play in the tourney last year? I know they don't open that for a while.
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to College Recruiting