Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Recruiting timeline

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by jonriv » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:39 pm

fill out profiles on the college websites asap. Cast a wide net. Attend clinics hosted by the school. Contact, contact contact- coaches will come to see your DD play if they know when and where(especially if they are at the tourney anyway) Players not seen are the ones waiting to be discovered. You and your DD need to be very proactive
jonriv

by absdad » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:38 am

jonriv wrote:fill out profiles on the college websites asap. Cast a wide net. Attend clinics hosted by the school. Contact, contact contact- coaches will come to see your DD play if they know when and where(especially if they are at the tourney anyway) Players not seen are the ones waiting to be discovered. You and your DD need to be very proactive

I'm torn really.. my dd is a 2016. Will be 8th grade this year. But the 14u team she is on, will be playing mostly 16u this year, and hit a couple of exposure tournaments, including Colorado. They're also hoping to get to PGF, a good goal, but we'll see. I'm just wondering if I shouldn't wait a year until she's a freshman, or go ahead and take advantage of the exposure now. I've got this feeling that if she's sending emails and what not now, she'll just be a pest. I know that there were a good amount of colleges in attendance in Midland this year, but were they really looking at '16s?? I guess my ultimate question is... should I wait a year to start this?
absdad

by jonriv » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:23 am

Never a pest- you are getting on their radar and in heir files. e-mail updates are easy and not much of a bother. Online profiles are a must.
jonriv

by artomatic » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 am

freshman year is plenty early enough.
won't hurt to start compiling a list of schools now and get some sample email/letters from older girls who have been successfully recruited.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:44 pm

artomatic wrote:freshman year is plenty early enough.
won't hurt to start compiling a list of schools now and get some sample email/letters from older girls who have been successfully recruited.

great advice!!!
jonriv

by NumeroOchocinco » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:51 am

jonriv wrote:Never a pest.

Then stop!
NumeroOchocinco

by jonriv » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:49 am

[img]
darrelle_revis-300x450.jpg
[/img]

Welcome to revis Island!
Attachments