Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Recruiting Rules question

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by Daddylawman » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:08 am

During the Summer, can a college coach hold a clinic or camp for high school students off-campus?

I understand it might count toward recruiting days, but is it permissible?

Mostly concerned with D1 coaches, but also interested in if the rules are different for others.

Thanks,

Michael
Daddylawman

by jonriv » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:18 am

I do not believe that they can hold it as a "school clinic"- but believe that they can as a separate company or organization. I know in this area (the Northeast) several college coaches band together to host "clinics"- usually under the auspices of some outside organization
jonriv

by Blind Squirrel » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 am

Daddylawman wrote:During the Summer, can a college coach hold a clinic or camp for high school students off-campus?

I understand it might count toward recruiting days, but is it permissible?

Mostly concerned with D1 coaches, but also interested in if the rules are different for others.

Thanks,

Michael

I'm going to assume you're not a college coach and just say that my experience was such that if a coach is doing something out in the open, it is very likely that it is within whatever rules would be applicable.
10 years from now I'll wish I felt like I do these days.
Blind Squirrel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by michael obryan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:26 am

Yes they can , as long as it is a camp or clinic ! i will suggest you to check out www.ncaa.org and also www.fpos.com and also fpos on face book . FPOS is a recruitting company ran by a retired college coach with 15 years at the D-1 level . She puts out a free news letter every month on recruitting and does webinars as well as host showcase camps all over the country .
The rule is that they can not work one on one with a potintial recruit , nor can they work with just one team it must be opened to the public !
michael obryan

Return to College Recruiting