Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

College Camps

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by Makina » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:51 am

We are starting to get invited to these college camps form e-mails and wanted to get your feedback on your experience.

1. Are they truly interested in your daughter or are they just trying to make money? i.e. $100-$140 for some of the camps.
2. Why do some of them hold on weekdays, she has to miss school time
Makina

by jonriv » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:22 am

The best answer is......depends

depends on the camp and the school

generally the ones held on campus are more legit and usually less money-usually ones sponsored by one school teh same applies

Where were you looking?
jonriv

by Makina » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:50 am

Cal State San Marcos
Makina

by CheckWriter » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:35 pm

I agree that it depends.

I think it depends on whether your DD would seriously consider going to the school. I think you should save the time, money and missed school to go to camps at schools that she is considering trying to get in to. She needs to call ahead (can also have the travel ball coach feel out if there is a potential fit) and tell the coach she is seriously interested in the school ahead of the camp. That gets DD placed in a group that will get closer observation.

Have to be up to the scrutiny. At one school we did that, DD got taken aside by the head coach for about 45 minutes and they worked one on one on hitting off the T. Constant string of questions. Sees how coachable the kid is. Can she make adjustments. etc.

JMO
I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words.
--- Hesiod, Eighth Century B.C.
CheckWriter
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Recruiting