Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Recruiting services

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by Imperial SB Dad » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:50 am

I am sure this has been asked and answered many times here on Hey Bucket, but do recruiting/scouting services work? Which ones are best?

Thanks for your answers.
Imperial SB Dad

by BigSoftball » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Imperial SB Dad wrote:I am sure this has been asked and answered many times here on Hey Bucket, but do recruiting/scouting services work? Which ones are best?

Thanks for your answers.

Not really. There are so many, coaches can't track them all, so they are a crap shoot at best.

The exception being if you are invited to an On Deck Softball Camp you should definitely go. If you write them they will come see you play and decide from there if they'll invite you to a camp. But paying for their website won't help you get in to a camp. They will come see you in either case, because they want the best talent at their camps.

There is no substitute for elbow grease... letters to coaches, a good video on You Tube to link to, and camps of your top choice schools, but be realistic in choosing your schools/camps.

Good luck.
BigSoftball

by hit4power » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:49 pm

My answer is no. I've never understood what a recruiting service was going to do that you/your DD can't do yourselves nor have I ever understood what a recruiting service will do on top of what a competent, established 18G coach/manager should be doing in conjunction with your own work. As was said above, there's no substitute for elbow grease and I would add that your DD needs to be making phone calls to coaches to introduce herself and express her interest in their programs. From personal experience, I know that's hard for some kids, but it does work to get your DD on the radar screen.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Recruiting