Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Recruiting

Take your pick or take them both!

Questions and Discussions Regarding the College Recruiting process

by jonriv » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:44 am

Been visiting colleges with my son(non-athletic) and it has been made very clear by each school we have visited-they accept either the SAT or the ACT (they all super-scored as well) Most schools will use the higher of the two , so why not take both? For some reason, some students do better on the ACT.
jonriv

by hit4power » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Some do, some don't (do better on the ACT) Mine didn't. My two cents is that if you are going to take both, you need to prep for both. The tests are different and the strategies to take the test (answer the tricky questions) are different. Pays to study and learn the test strategies for both exams.

My other free advice is to take practice exams and really dissect what your kid gets wrong and correct their process for determining the answers they missed. We found this was the real bang for the buck of a good tutor. They can look at what your kid missed and really hone their test taking skills for the second time around. The SAT folks will never admit it, but good test taking skills are worth 100 points or more, IMO.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:40 am

prep and practice are key for everything in life
jonriv

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:56 am

Both of my dd's schools took results from both and both did very well on the ACT. They were told that it was more like standard testing.
Sftbll4ever

Return to College Recruiting